WK2 3.0L Making Oil - Advise needed - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the replies, i am going to look to remove DPF and sensors over weekend and start the process.. really appreciate the advice RE the different sensors TR, will definitely take that all into account.

Car did another 5x burns today, definitely something not right...
Old 05-09-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 135 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default WK2 3.0L Making Oil - Advise needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by harold_beh View Post
Thanks for the replies, i am going to look to remove DPF and sensors over weekend and start the process.. really appreciate the advice RE the different sensors TR, will definitely take that all into account.

Car did another 5x burns today, definitely something not right...

Good timing and hope this helps Harold_beh. I have been through a series of issues since serious work by a dealer created an untold series of events!!have been fixing their work for a year! Funnily enough no regen issues however have had some fuel consumption and back pressure issues, detected fuel in oil which I believe is happening here with you (I now get a oil test done every oil change and for $35 worth it’s weight! Tells you anything going on with oil (fuel/coolant/wear/contamination etc).
I suspected dpf blockage issues but wondered why I never got error codes. wanted to rule out. Dealer reinstalled dpf with rear pressure tube not connected fully and temp sensor not even put back! I put temp back in but didn’t realise the pressure differential tube was not seated correctly. After removing, degreasing, soaking and cleaning and flushing the DPF, I noticed the differential pressure tube at front was completely clogged with soot and I am guessing not reading right. After cleaning, drying, reinstalling everything, warming Jeep up slowly to push remaining moisture out, eventually took for a drive. Crikey! As suspected, wanted to regenerate straight away, my number of regens was up also so believe it was trying g constantly and using excessive diesel which also creates more soot! 10 mins on highway, regen done, dpf reset from 78% to 7%. Fuel mileage for last two days has been down to 11.3 from 13.2 per 100km! Stoked! and this is mostly half hour drives - around town. You can self clean DPF. I have a new engine (50k) and Needless to say they put dirty sensors and uncleaned parts back on without maintenance, has caused inlet manifold to be excessively sooty.
By the way, if one injector is showing as noticeably different to other on fuel correction it is likely that it needs replacing. From my memory anything over 2 was not functioning correctly but just trying to find the reference.
Anyway, pull differential sensors, clean the tubes, clean MAF at air box and MAP sensor on top of inlet manifold, then take for long run and the revised values may allow correct regen. If you do a lot of city driving and over 12kms might be likely dpf needs cleaning. Hope that helps and keep us posted. Happy to help with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jimmy777; 05-09-2022 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,965 Times in 2,338 Posts

What a trial that was @Jimmy777, me, myself if my engine gives me dramas which are beyond me its to a diesel shop like Diesel Care no intention of a dealer anytime for that sort of reason................

The thing with any DPF burns that is rarely mentioned is you still need to keep going down the road after the burn then any diesel thats made its way into the sump is vapourised and goes back through the system and out the exhaust, a static burn or just stopping once burn complete means not everything has cleaned out...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 07-09-2022
Established Member

Liked 135 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
What a trial that was @Jimmy777, me, myself if my engine gives me dramas which are beyond me its to a diesel shop like Diesel Care no intention of a dealer anytime for that sort of reason................

The thing with any DPF burns that is rarely mentioned is you still need to keep going down the road after the burn then any diesel thats made its way into the sump is vapourised and goes back through the system and out the exhaust, a static burn or just stopping once burn complete means not everything has cleaned out...

Hey Drover. Yep completely agree, will not be back to a dealer. The only reason I was there was because it was partly under insurance and they were the only ones that could get parts at the time! I asked insurance company if I could do it all myself but of course I said I couldn’t!

Good point re- the continued running after the regen. As they say these diesels like to be run long and hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post New Thread  Reply