fault code P061B - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-08-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,968 Times in 2,341 Posts

In some things nothing will change though, with the TCM codes I have heard you need to unplug it for it to loose memory................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 10-09-2022

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
In some things nothing will change though, with the TCM codes I have heard you need to unplug it for it to loose memory................
So done the ten minutes one of the faults has gone but good old P061B still there I have now just caught up with the posts.
Ok so I will disconnect over night and see how that goes and you say both not just the negative.
Old 11-09-2022
MonsterMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad mick View Post
So done the ten minutes one of the faults has gone but good old P061B still there I have now just caught up with the posts.
Ok so I will disconnect over night and see how that goes and you say both not just the negative.
I was meaning just disconnect the TCM, the box under the passenger seat, pull the plug on it, give it half an hour maybe then plug it back in.. By reports this allows it to loose its memory and is a clean slate, seems to have worked in some cases but if it does with yours, just have to try and see..... same as disconnect battery and turn things on so that residual power in system is drained.

Old 12-09-2022

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
I was meaning just disconnect the TCM, the box under the passenger seat, pull the plug on it, give it half an hour maybe then plug it back in.. By reports this allows it to loose its memory and is a clean slate, seems to have worked in some cases but if it does with yours, just have to try and see..... same as disconnect battery and turn things on so that residual power in system is drained.
Found a good mechanic it’s with him now will let you know what he finds out.
Old 22-09-2022

Check out my Ride(s)

So have gone to a recommended mechanic so far he said he has cleared both faults. With his scanner hooked it up it appears that the after market water pump sensor is no good as he drives around in the car his scanner temp goes from cold right over to hot and back again.
So this has made him think it’s the sensor but now he believes there is also a blockage in the radiator as there is no difference in the temp of the water going in to the bottom hose of the water coming out.
Waiting now to see where to from here.
I could not find fault with the two new sensors or hoses to the motor cleaned and put back sensor fault was still there with the yellow engine light on.

It’s the sitting at idle that has me just jumps into a really rough idle like it’s going to stall car jumps around. Then the traffic light goes green put your foot down drives of like new next stop no issues.
So it’s so or die with the car to fix or get rid of cannot trust it to go anywhere with the caravan.
Old 23-09-2022
MonsterMoose

It sounds like an O2 sensor problem on a petrol to me, mongrel at idle but once the revs are up all is good............

Temps will cause a conflict with the fuel/air mix, it uses temps from various sensors to get the mix right air/water/fuel, but a blocked radiator causes high temps with poor flow, actual temp readings would show up problems..... without getting my head under the bonnet to see and touch not much help here...
I understand your concern about towing though, some dodgy sensor especially with the water I have been going through lately is a background niggle as we travel around...

Old 14-10-2022

Check out my Ride(s)

Ok so my new mechanic with his flash scanner has found that the radiator was a third blocked (new radiator $1,200 aftermarket jeep$5,000) and that the aftermarket water pump sensor was stuffed then after that found a stuffed sensor on the DPF not letting it do the burn properly leaving it still 68% blocked then the next sensor along was also not reading properly so have now also replaced that and it’s like a brand new car.
He also said his machine showed a paddle shift error but was not showing as a problem on the car.

Plus has anyone heard of USA having a recall on the fuel pump from 2014 to 2020 (it’s a Bosch pump)meanwhile in Australia it’s not an issue apparently so next service will get that replaced as well as if it turns out to be a recall up the track it sure is not going back to jeep.

Hope this helps others just goes to show my P061B was not the issue was relating to other sensors.

This mechanic in Townsville does jeep work for them and fiat cars as well.

Last edited by mad mick; 14-10-2022 at 06:51 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply