Another holiday stuffed JGC sprung a coolant leak. - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-09-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 4,016 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Good luck guys. Being as I default to the over-cautious (paranoid?) sometimes, I'm replacing my turbo muffler next week before heading off NSW outback! One less thing to worry over...
Mine wasn't giving any sign of coming apart but I never liked the possible restriction it provided, John gave me the push to turn the thought into practical, though I wasn't paying out the ridiculous price places wanted.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 29-09-2022
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,367 Times in 785 Posts

Drover...PLEASE take a pic of the 'upgraded' clamps you are using...I have a 'train of thought' on the bits of kit I will procure and use...ie: Exhaust shop to manufacture the pipe itself and falling back on Marine history as far the clamps go (ie: stainless banded clamps with a strong 'screw type' mechanism, pretty sure the young fellas running Kenworth Turbos on 4cyl Hyundias use em)...anywayz...if I see em I'll post a pic...GOOD LUCK n ENJOY !!!

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 29-09-2022
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,367 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Good luck guys. Being as I default to the over-cautious (paranoid?) sometimes, I'm replacing my turbo muffler next week before heading off NSW outback! One less thing to worry over...
Not 'paranoid' mate...preventative maintenance...we have the advantage of this forum where owners 'problems' are aired...giving us all a 'heads up' of what, when, where to check/replace/upgrade the bits n pieces that were Factory includes...wouldnt matter if it was a Merc or Rolls forum...every make has its 'weak pionts'...we're all lucky enough to have forum members willing to relay just what happened and how to remedy the cause...the added extra is the WIZARDS that have both knowledge and skill to provide answers...awesome in my opinion...and I'll say it again...which counts for nothing and I'm comfortable with that...
ENJOY THE OUTBACK Tony....should be FULL BLOOM when you get there

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 29-09-2022
Established Member

Liked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post

I should add the measurements I gave in another thread for the pipe replacement are OD measurements for the pipe, a mate made one up but used ID measurements and wondered why they didn't fit....
Hi Drover, do you have a link to the measurements?

Thanks
Old 29-09-2022
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Not 'paranoid' mate...preventative maintenance...we have the advantage of this forum where owners 'problems' are aired...giving us all a 'heads up' of what, when, where to check/replace/upgrade the bits n pieces that were Factory includes...wouldnt matter if it was a Merc or Rolls forum...every make has its 'weak pionts'...we're all lucky enough to have forum members willing to relay just what happened and how to remedy the cause...the added extra is the WIZARDS that have both knowledge and skill to provide answers...awesome in my opinion...and I'll say it again...which counts for nothing and I'm comfortable with that...
ENJOY THE OUTBACK Tony....should be FULL BLOOM when you get there
When an imminent point of failure typically gives out a warning sign before it actually drops its bundle then you have some chance of addressing it without waiting for the catastrophe. A minor coolant trail up front for example, might tell you the water pump wants attention but it won't stop you in an instant. Then there are those that provide no warning signs regardless of how many checks you make under the lid. E.g. turbo muffler looks fine on inspection and an hour later she bursts and you're in limp mode. So I tend feel more anxious to get those possible offenders replaced double quick.
Anyhow mate, you're correct in what you say, not a day goes by that I don't appreciate the value of the forum and the amazing knowledge base of the members.
Old 29-09-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 716 Times in 397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed.. View Post
Hi Drover, do you have a link to the measurements?

Thanks
Honestly someone could make a killing from fabbing these and selling them ~$100-150 mark, undercutting Murchison's offering. Can't bring myself to pay the $250 they're asking, but I'm also time poor and haven't been able to do the leg work to get one made up by an exhaust shop.

Old 29-09-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,016 Times in 2,369 Posts

here's the thread I did on the turbo muffler replacement.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=160756

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply