Front Coil Spacers. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2003
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts
Default Front Coil Spacers.

Anyone know if TJ coil spacers will work on the front of an XJ??

I have a set left from my TJ and the brain cell is thinking
Any suggestions for the best (& most cost effective) rear lift for about 1½" (Shackle/block/addaleaf)....where from & how much? etc....
Old 23-07-2003
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

The Rancho add-a-leaf will give you pretty much 1.5 in the rear, a little more until it settles. I got mine from Auto Alliance, cant remember how much but it was pretty cheap and they delivered it the next day. You do need someone there though or the courier will take it away again as I found out.

Bear in mind the sport is already up 1 inch so effectively you'll be at 2.5 inches and may get vibes although most dont.

I'm also interested in the block option as I'm thinking of taking mine to 3.5 allround but want to initially do it as cheap as possible to see if I get vibes that cant easily be cured, so far I have none.

If nobody knows for sure I think go-jeep has the dimensions of the spacers for an XJ on his site so maybe some measuring is the best way to find out.
If not I may be able to check tonight as I made a template of mine before I put them in incase I wanted to hack up a chopping board for a little more lift

Cheers
Steve
Old 23-07-2003
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Wooders,

Couldn't resist the temptation ey....

I am not far from Auto Alliance so I can ask for ya...
Old 23-07-2003
MudSplasher

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

i Think the spacer is the same.. I don't see why it wouldn't fit.. it's the same - ish front end.

The rear.. Go the shackle ( I might have one soone for you if I can cost 4+ inch leaves..) I'm having a few probs with it atm.. the shackle isn't at the right angle!

Oh well.. It's a jeep thing.. even 4wd shops don't understand!
Old 23-07-2003
Time to tinker

Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

I'm in Throneligh - which isn't far from AA either....Sadly they always close too early for me
But if I KNOW they have what I need & it's fairly cheap I'll leave early

Shhhh....what temptation
Old 23-07-2003
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

I still have thier number in my mobile. 98993989. I got spacers and leaves for $366 I think the spacers were expensive for what they were and the leaves were something like $175 (maybe a bit less) the pair with the bits and pieces needed. Thinking about it the spacers should fit as TJ coils fit on an XJ. The main hassle with a shackle on the XJ is the standard leaves are soft, load it up and you'll quickly loose your lift. At least the add-a-leaf helps toughen up the rear as a well.

Cheers
Steve
Old 29-07-2003
Mopar or no car

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wooders,

The front coils on the XJ's can be packed with coil spring isolators from ARB. Mine cost around 8 bucks each. Each spacer gives you about 10 mm.

The rear - Rancho AAL's but be sure to grind down the head of the new leaf-pack bolt they supply.

HTH

Kramer
Post New Thread  Reply