Gembrook / Bunyip - VIC - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-03-2004
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Gembrook / Bunyip - VIC

Hi guys, Dave XJ and myself did a a recci on the weekend for a JOCV trip in May. I know many of you play the power lines, but I thought I'd update you on a few tracks.

Cannibal Ck and Pharoah's Gully which 'were' favourites of mine, steep and rutted, have been graded flat and its going to take some heavy rain to 'rut' them up again.
We also found Willaim Wallace Tk .... zzzzzzzzzzz flat, Silvertop and Dawsons .... zzzzzzzz. Ok for an easy / beginners trip, but that's not the purpose of this one.

There is a a lot of grading going on up there due to back burning and we guessed this is why the tracks were in such good nick (bad for us though). We drove through smouldering forest with smoke still rising from some logs.

We tried Two Scounts, Ridge and Horseshoe what were all good steep tracks. We did try Reids track which was good and somehow ended up on Watsons track (we think) which was awesome - heavily rutted in some sections and challenged our 31's and 3 & 4" lifts. There was a few times I was scaling off and plotting GPS co ords on to the map to find out where we were.

We then head up to Gentle Annie - again I think the flow of traffic has killed this track. Unless there has been rain, I think this track is pretty easy. There is a little rock section that is fun, but it is little. Wet and climbing the rock would be harder.

Did a little under the lines but ran out of time. We did note though that some very big logs had been cut and dropped over tracks. They are making their point!

Does anyone know of any other tracks, or can someone point me to a specific area under the lines that would be good for a harder than average club trip, around class 6-7 for 30 - 31s with lifts??

I'm thinking I may do another day / half day up there during the week some time soon. Anyone interested in coming? I'm pretty flexible on times and dates
cheers (and yes, this thread is useless without photos, but my firm's firewall prohibits me sending out) - I'll forward them to someone to post)

cheers

PS - has anyone done Goanna recently? It used to be a grat climb and I am hoping it still is
Old 22-03-2004
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I can come play any day next week as I am still at home waiting for surgeons approval to return to work (will not happen till after ANZAC weekend)
Old 22-03-2004
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

tnx Grant - How would you be the week after (thurs) before easter?? Less disruption. If not, I may be able to work something out. Tnx again
Old 22-03-2004
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts

I may be also be interesed, do you mind non JOCV clumb members
Old 22-03-2004
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Love to have you along - this inpromptu trip is not a club event (and anyway - you're invited on all those too!) I just want to travel the lines and SEC track to work it out and plot a few play tracks. I just thought a weekday as I my weekends are pretty full for the next few months and I have 8 weeks leave up my sleave so a day off for me won't hurt. Any day in mind Lexx?
Old 22-03-2004
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts

Not really m8, I'll have a chat to Dad and see when we can do it.