Neat AEV Camper trailer - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Camping suggestions
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(Warning self promotional post)
HiLine Trailers (A SUBURBAN4WD business) have now in production the unit pictured, the unit featured is a 5x4 and is in the middle of the range. Towing weight is about 600kg wet so is very TJ friendly. The unit is a tru off road trailer and I would hesitate to say would go most places our TJ would. Featured unit includes (but not limited to):

Tent – 1400mm wide by 2400mm long, similar to howling moon units but built under ARB stricts quality controls.
13oz rip stop polyamide milspec canvas – waterproof and mould resistant material
Kitchenette mounted to rear of tailgate incorporating gas stove and stowage
Twin premium Jerry Can holders with rubber isolators
Twin side mounted gas bottle holders & plumbing
Nylon flysheet raised on aluminium rods
65mm High Density foam mattress
PVC cover secured with HD zipper
Massive internal stowage capisity

Finish Painted selected hammertone / industrial enamel / finish
H/D 2.5mm Checker Plate Floor (Pattern up or down)
THULE Swing away Bike Carrier (max 4bikes)
1.5mm Hot Rolled Tri-folded Sides
1.5mm H/D Hot Rolled Guards
Rear 50mm HD Box receiver
Full Length Guard Gussets
Front flip up access door

Off Road Full Eye-Eye Springs c/w shackle and spring plates
Fully Primed and undercoated during assembly.
65L water tank and electric pumping system
Mechanical Overide disk braking system
Premium Lights (Bayonet Type Globes)
Premium wind down rear stability legs
Heavy Duty 100/75x50 RHS Drawbar
Integrated Hand Brake System
HD 45mm Axels and Hardware
Full 40x40 RHS Chassis
OME HD Gas Shocks

Upright Spare Wheel Carrier located as required
HD Battery Box and Monitor
Fridge Carrier

Premium "Swing" Type Pneumatic Jockey Wheel 200mm
TREG Off Road Mechanical Overide Coupling
Fully soldered wiring harness.
7pin Flat Trailer Plug

Units are available in multiple sizes and configurations and can be colour coded to your vehicle industrial enamel. (Will but up a dedicated post on the trailer side of things soon as we also do dedicated off road box trailers) will be shortly featured in 4WD Monthly and JAA.

The 2nd prototype will be at JAD (not 1st prototype pictured) it will be running TJ Flairs and taillights to complete the package somewhat. Drop me a P.M or e-mail mark@suburban4wd.com for additional information.
Old 08-05-2005
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is the cost?

Looks very good. Can you also add extra rooms?
Old 08-05-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pricing has not been set as yet, but will vari from about 5K throught to it looks like just under 10K for the tops of the range unit.
It is a fixed size tent no extra rooms - not targeted at that market.
Old 08-05-2005
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just wondering how long you expect the fridge to last in the dust and rain.....

Where's the ladder for the tent? Do you climb up on the fridge? All of the Howling Moon/EezyAwn tents need the ladder to support the folded out end when you have your weight in the tent.
http://www.omaroo.net
Old 08-05-2005
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fridge will run a canvas cover, just like on the rear of many a ute - and the base can be built to any size, protection level i.e. other fridge brands. We are also looking at stone guard options, but these normally prove problematic / fail over time.
The tent can also be mounted to open sideway for the less agile, who cannot enter over the drawbar, then the ladder is emploied alternativly a rear slidout step can be provided at the rear of the trailer (adjsent box hitch) to enter from the rear. In the prototype pictured, the tent is mounted for compact display.
Old 08-05-2005
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forgot, without the ladder the cantalever is supported by a brace located on the front of the spare tyre.
Old 09-05-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The first two I really like, the teardrop is like the ones you see on the back of trikes. Would love to put one on the back of my TJ.

I'm sorry Hic, but the yellow one is just plain ugly. It has a heaps of good ideas but just doesn't do it for me. I'm also not to keen on the height of the tent, would be a PITA when you need to go for a piss in the middle of the night. I could see that set-up being really good for long term expeditions, but lets face it most of us just like a w/e trip.

At least with the teardrop there is no set-up you just jump in and your bed is ready and you have a hard roof over your head. The AEV one I think is just a modern version of the teardrop, not much det-up and a fair bit of storage.
Post New Thread  Reply