KJ Snorkel - Page 17 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-07-2006
Team CPC

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Donaldson for me! Only the best for the KJ. Can't wait.

www.goldcoastjeepers.com
Old 25-07-2006
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

See their website here;
http://www.donaldsonfilters.com.au/p...ID=1&intT2ID=1

Typically K&N filters are "performance" filters, which means they let more air through, which in turn means they let more crud through. Great for those hotted up ricer things, but not so great for 4x4's that are trundling about in crap all day. Donaldson make air cleaners for construction equipment and road trains, that'll do me!

See; www.anti-rice.com
Old 01-08-2006
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Good to hear of the progress. I hope it doesnt look to bulky as that would put me off, but hey, I am planning on crossing some decent fords, so heck, maybe it'll have to do !?

I do like the factory airbox, the paper element is pretty high flow from what i've read.
Old 03-08-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just on filters, my experience using all range of filters on sports cars is that the foam ones provide the best allround compromise. the Unifilter ones filter to a micro level low enough not to cause engine wear, yet not so low as to cause restrictions like a cheap paper filter.

they can also be cleaned and re-oiled so whilst the initial investment is higher it pays for itself in the long run.

just my humble opinion
Old 08-08-2006
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

G'day.

I'm currently sat in the office at Gibson RM whilst they're doing the final adjustments prior to tooling up for the start of production of the KJ snorkel. And here are some pics of the development shape/mould thing. I know the hat in the first picture is wonky, that's been corrected subsequently, but we didn't put the hat back on when we took the other pics!

Find all the pictures full-size in my Aussie Jeep Images gallery (link in my sig), but here are the previews;

In other news; GibsonRM can now mould your snorkel in a variety of different colours to match (or, if you like, clash with) your vehicle. And they are also starting production of "glow in the dark" snorkel hats. Handy if you wander off in the bush at night, maybe you've gone fishing or something, and you need to find your way back to your vehicle in the dark. Also handy for locating your Jeep in the carpark outside the pub.
Old 08-08-2006
LOST

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Mate it looks great

thanks for being the bunny on this.

i have posted a link to this thread on LOST to see what the yanks think of it

Last edited by Fouros; 08-08-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2006
RubiconSlammer

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

That is going to look bloody good.

I like how it curves to follow the body line nicely. and the nip around the indicator.
2001 XJ TD 31s & 5"
Post New Thread  Reply