$730 to import a mopar front bar... - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-05-2007
Got my JK yeeeehar!!!!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I totally agree Manxie!

I'll be getting it shortly, tho I'm still deciding on whether or not to go all out and get the more expensive mopar bar with the winchmount addon... I haven't done any wheeling yet, but it was the whole reason that I bought this Jeep for in the first place, and definatly will be... so still trying to decide if it would be worth the extra investment for the future... any suggestions?
I'd plan for the addition just in case. It would be SUCH a pain in the ass if you wanted one in the future but had bought the standard one.... its not usually excessively more in price either... (i dont know about the mopar one but the ARB one is hardly any difference in price between standard and winch compatible)

Cant wait to see it dude!!!!!
Old 20-05-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've ordered the Mobar bar through my dealer to be fitted pre delivery.
Old 20-05-2007
The freight guy

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by super jeep View Post
i've imported a few thing but nothing as big as a bull bar.my shipping fees are roughly $100 for the first 20kg after that $100 for every 10kg for example if item is 30kg it would cost $200 as i say i haven't brought big bulky items in only starters and the likes that are small but have wieght and air frieght will have it at your local airport within 7 days,with gst & customs they will affect you if item is over $1000 so sometimes it is cheaper to get it made localy
No not true. For starters, there is always going to be customs clearance fees associated with any import. Whether its charged back to the sender or payable by the receiver it is always there. As for duties/taxes etc there is no minimum amount the goods have to be to be charged this. Whether its payable or not is dependant on a couple of things. First is the FTA (Free Trade Agreement) that the country of origin has with the country of destination. Next is where the goods where manufactured and the relevant charges are applied according to those circumstances, which inturn also depends on the FTA.

For all of those people importing stuff from the States, see what you can do with the details below. If you can get them to fill in the "right info" you may not have to pay duties into Australia.

Cut and paste the following into word and forward it to your supplier in the States.

To Whom it may Concern,

Manufactured goods imported from the US under the Australian / USA Free Trade Agreement (FTA) could be eligible for preferential rates of duty if they meet the origin criteria as stipulated under Sections 153Y to 153YL of the Customs Act - "US originating goods".

To facilitate the claiming of USA preferential rates of duty please
instruct your suppliers to include the following declaration on their
commercial invoices, if applicable:

__________________________________________________ ___________________

I hereby declare that goods appearing on invoice no. ______________ :

1. Are USA Originating Goods; and
2. The last process of manufacture occurred in the USA; and
3(a) Were produced from, "USA Originating Materials"; or
3(b) Were produced from, "Non - USA Originating Materials"; or
3(c) Were produced from both, "USA & Non - USA Originating Materials".

Sign:
Position:
Date:

*** The shipper must nominate either clause 3(a) or 3(b) or 3(c)!!! ***
Old 21-05-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by odelay View Post
I've ordered the Mobar bar through my dealer to be fitted pre delivery.
How much are they chrging you? I was quoted about $2000 each for the front and rear bars. But they didn't have final pricing.
Old 21-05-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Found a site that offers the Mopar front bar pretty cheap if anyone is interested: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep/Mo...1504C2885.aspx

I'm almost about to ship one over for my JK, what do you guys think? Is $730 reasonable? too much? ...I've never shipped anything this large before so don't know much about the costs associated. Personally, I think its a pretty good deal for $1300, I'm going to be fitting it myself so I'll save a bit on labour. I was going to wait to see the ARB Bar but my patience is growing a bit thin, does anyone have a picture of the ARB bar?

Bar: AU 570.00
Shipping: AU 730.00

hmmmmmmmmm...
I am also waiting on a bumber, costing $2500 to come over. Your shipping seams expensive though - check it out

here is the bumber http://www.quadratec.com/products/12000_311_T.htm
Fab four
Old 21-05-2007
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice Bumpers Guys!!
I wonder is it legal to put these bumpers on?
Or will you need an engineer to check them for you for the adr compliance?
Old 24-05-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior79 View Post
Nice Bumpers Guys!!
I wonder is it legal to put these bumpers on?
Or will you need an engineer to check them for you for the adr compliance?
Don't know, I have not really thought about that. Don't really care, Australia has some really stupid laws thats for sure. I guess the police have got to get money some how

If it fits on a US jeep then its gonna be fine on the Australian one.