Places to wheel - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Western Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-12-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hey man
whats the spec on the YJ does not look like it is much bigger than my CJ and i dont have any hassels driving it on the road, you will have to put big ass flares on to cover the tyres and maybe and set of mudflapps ( i made mine quick release)and that should be it . may have to borrow a set of lower spring to get it registered for the road but not really to hard i would expect if all the mods have been done properly as for the other one i think you may find it difficult to register. just bring the YJ only a hand full here that i know of very rare
Cheers
Brick
Old 30-12-2007
i am the CIG

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

oh boy you are all so off the mark
by the letter of the law "control of off road vehicles act 1980"
any motorised vehicle that is not used on private property or covered by on road licencing
is to registerd as a off road vehicle
and further more these vehicle are to be only be in designated off road areas
the fact that shires might turn a blind eye in some curcumstances is beside the point
my point of reference: i was a by laws officer (ranger)
control of off road vehicles for the shire of gingin 1980 - 1987.

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Old 30-12-2007
RubiconSlammer

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

We dont have much in the way of hills here near Perth. Just the edge of an escarpment that aint even that tall.
Lotsa sand dunes to play in though, which is what most of the Off-Road Vehicle areas are.

There will be a track being built out in the middle of wheat country next 12-18 months though. Up in the remote north-west of the state (and country!) there are some decent ranges. but this place, kinda flat.
2001 XJ TD 31s & 5"
Old 03-01-2008
RustysRocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check out www.outerlimits4x4.com there are a few blokes on there that regularly cruise around Brunswick (about 1 hour south of Perth) with vehicles like yours.

Cheers

Bri
Old 06-01-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts

welcome JPTHING....you have found the best source for info on anything Jeep around Perth (and Oz, for that matter)....please feel free to contact me regarding tracks/rules and what u are allowed and not allowed to do....i moved here 5.5 years ago from Portland, Oregon (yes im a native Pacific Northwesterner! Go Blazers!)...you will find there is nothing like Moab here although there is plenty of sand and if you are willing to travel an hour or two outta Perth there is plenty of mud and hillclimbing (and yes there ARE places to do some rock crawling but they are few and far between and jeep folks dont build their wrigs to rock crawl here - more of a combo for mud and sand and/or hillclimbing)...as for what u are allowed to do to your wrig: well thats a sticky point here and u will surely be disappointed compared to the freedoms in the states but there ARE ways to do it (trailering isnt really one of them unless u are only entering comps which there arent much of here so dont bother)....its just a matter of how big a price u wanna pay with time and money...in the end its all do-able tho...and u will find out when u get here - its a great place to wheel; just kinda different...good luck to you making the transition - Its not easy I know! All the Best, Rodge