FIFO Jobs - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kal is Ok if you are single ,not really a family place IMO but there is no need to live out there with the FIFO from Perth jobs going at the moment,Sparkies are always in demand with just about every mining company try Positron based in Kal but they do FIFO the guys onsite here do even time 2 on 2 off pretty good money as well I think.The company I contract to flies people from Melbourne ,Brisbane and Adelaide as well as Perth obviously at the moment.Can never find enough people to fill the jobs.
Old 04-06-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
for the love of god, stay away from Murrin Murrin - it's a hole in every sense of the word.
Yep,

Murrin has always been the gutter of the earth. It has stepped up a bit from the days of Annaconda but still is a hole!

JTO
Old 04-06-2008
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i've done FIFO Perth to Port Hedland and Newman, camps aren't too bad these days. check out some of the agencies in Perth they got heaps of places to fill
Old 04-06-2008
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumpet View Post
Does anyone here live in kalgoorlie or has anyone lived there?????

Whats is like over there????? is there much to do, what are the people like and stuff?????

just thinking out loud at the moment but some info would be nice
A guy I know through landyachting lives there, he speaks highly of the place and lives there with his wife and 5 kids.

EDIT: This is what he just told me:

WORK, WORK............... youd never be out of it great money, rents high and rentals pretty horible. great place to live , been here only 25 years out of the last 30

Last edited by hillsjeep; 04-06-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2008
Jeepless!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

talking to someone in Kal at the moment but ill see how it pans out, i thought there were a couple of people on the forum who lived in Kal
Old 08-06-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I live in Kambalda which is a gold and nickel town about 60km south of Kalgoorlie with a population of about 4000. I have lived here for seven years. Its a good family town it doesn't have the crime problems of Kalgoorlie. I have worked at open pit mine as a heavy duty fitter and at an underground mine as a light vehicle fitter, I now travel to Kal for work. The underground mines are always looking for sparkys but the ones close in to town try for the locals first as it is cheaper for them. The remote sites are all FIFO. Both Kalgoorlie and Kambalda you will find it hard to find a rental below $400p/w that isn't a dog box. These links have tourist info on Kalgoorlie http://www.kalgoorlie.info/ and http://www.kalgoorlietourism.com/. Here are a couple of links to papers http://kalgoorlie.yourguide.com.au/c...x?pub_list=181 and http://www.kalminer.com.au/Regionals.aspx?MenuId=237.

Lukey 3" exhaust, LT265/75R17 BFG AT's and more mods to come
Old 08-06-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yumpet
I just came across this on another forum

"Boom is causing problems all over. Port Hedland is often held up as the best $$ available in Aus but with everyone heading over looking for a quick buck the worker situation in the east coast has suffered. So wages have had to increase to try and attract manpower there.
Now seeing guys shop around and take jobs back on the east coast for only a little less dollars. Cost of living is a lot less though.
Company Im with pays well, part of a worldwide company that offers other employment options, 5 day working week, major contract with BHP (so the work is not hard) and bend over backwards to give employees whatever they ask for.
Still cant find anywhere near enough workers.
So if anyone know where a few sparkies are hiding they can point them in this direction.

If you are interested I'll get some details for you.
Post New Thread  Reply