ZG Immobiliser Issues - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-09-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Mark,

I agree in that you just need to be careful with where you park it. If only I could explain this to the lovely lady in my life.

Its a real shame that jeep do not offer any type of solution that works.

Thanks

Lyndon
Old 24-09-2008
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

If you can find an electronics wiz he might be able to replace the radio crystals for something less susceptible.
Thats what I was thinking when I had a ZG.
Or maybe just replace reciever & transponder with aftermarket immobiliser?
Old 24-09-2008
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,975 Times in 2,347 Posts

I did find the fuse pulling worked as well, can't comment on the phone tower cause as we have piss poor mobile coverage in my area and the towers are on top of hills way in the distance. I may just keep away from cities.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 14-03-2009
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

glad i found this, finally will have to try the fuse pulling in the morning when i can get back to the shopping centre and see if it works. If it does, ima have to get onto a dealership to chech the harness and freq's have been changed.
Old 14-03-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok,

2. Hold the remote under the glovebox?

4. Pull a fuse near the accelerator, 2nd row down - 2nd from top.

5. Pulling the big red breaker, only big red on under there so not hard to find.

Result, No Luck.

AAARGH. so annoying
Old 15-03-2009
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Having had to take the inside front passenger door skin off because the window decided to head south when it shouldn't have (have I ever mentioned that I will not EVER buy another American/Austrian vehicle again) I checked out the receiver for the immobiliser & confirmed its existence. Since then, when I get caught with the RF interference, I make sure that I have the remote very close to the inside passenger door handle and sooner or later it activates. However, if whenever I jump out of the car and hit the immobiliser button - it doesn't work immediately, I move the vehicle to somewhere where it does - by the way, have I ever mentioned that I will not EVER buy another American/Austrian vehicle again.

Cheers ... Mark

Last edited by Bushpig; 15-03-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: I forgot the POS was made in Graz - Austria
Old 15-03-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

heres a cheap fix that will pay for itself, its virtually free and you will end up accually making/saving money off it...

Convert to gas!

with government rebate it costs next to nothing and as the immobilizer works by cutting off the fuel line, it does not cut off the gas and the zg runs fine, just dont run out of gas and rely on petrol.

Also i lift the tabs and clean the contacts inside the remote and it worked.
Post New Thread  Reply