TJ: Terror TJ gets a dose of the roids! - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-07-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats tho go, thanks for the info guys i spotted it after i posted. Silly me, i re drilled my hole so i could mount it further away from the tyre. Pritty scetchy have crazy Tyre wobbles when i hit pot holes. Deff needs a stearing allignment the left wheel is facing in on a bad angle. Any other ways to cure the DW's i think you's call it??

Cheers.
Morgan

Just wondering what this tube is for :S ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	27257  

Last edited by Jeep-Spec; 17-07-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 17-07-2008
westside wheeler

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-Spec View Post
Thats tho go, thanks for the info guys i spotted it after i posted. Silly me, i re drilled my hole so i could mount it further away from the tyre. Pritty scetchy have crazy Tyre wobbles when i hit pot holes. Deff needs a stearing allignment the left wheel is facing in on a bad angle. Any other ways to cure the DW's i think you's call it??

Cheers.
Morgan
hit the search button.

warn tie rod ends, caster angle, wheel alinment, warn bushers, warn track bar, ovel holes in mounts.. to name a few..

But i would say ya caster is out.
this has been covered 100 times Search is ya friend.

2nd question...for the locker

Last edited by ian; 17-07-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 17-07-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah it only started doing it after i put in the Coil spacers <(suck) i have found a site that tells you how to do it. My driveway aint flat and car doesnt fit in the garage. Will a shop do my wheel allignment,pinion and my caster??

http://web.mac.com/donpryor/caster_a...ent_on_tj.html

Last edited by Jeep-Spec; 17-07-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 17-07-2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-Spec View Post

Just wondering what this tube is for :S ?
Air locker line. Runs down with the diff breather hose. Last one came in contact with the exhaust and melted. Silly ARB GUYS.
Old 17-07-2008
AJOR Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Silly ARB GUYS.
no way... i refuse to believe they ran it too close to the zorst :P

they seem to do this on every TJ i have ever seen. I did mine myself - mostly cause of this... turns out, i ran the rear one too close to the zorst at the back of my TJ

Nice looking TJ. I was in melbourne last week - i should have come to have a look.... but, melbourne is too cold to go outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donza View Post
"If ya want more inches.... stroke it"
Old 19-06-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a bit of an update to my buildup.

After contemplating a diff swap versus keeping the standard dana 30/44 combo, I decided to stick with the standard ones due to the fact that there will be less stuffing around. As it turns out Hollywood was upgrading his diffs so I decided to buy them over building up my own. The stats are:

Front: d30, 4.88 ratios, arb locker, arb cover, alloy usa axles, hd uni's, warn free wheeling hubs, underside truss, rubicon express tie rod.

Rear: d44 with 4.88 ratios, arb locker, arb cover, alloy usa axles, u bolt yoke conversion.

At the same time the diffs are going in I will be installing a rubicon express LA upgrade kit. I have been trying to decide between the tri-link and 5link rear. At the moment I have decided to go with the 5link and maybe later on upgrade to the tri-link if I feel its necessary. The order will be going in within the next week.

Some new tyres will be on the cards so I have decided to go with 35" creepy crawlers.

After this is all done, Im hoping that will be the end of the major mods and then it will just be a few minor things left like some plasma rope, currie anti rock etc.

Anyway, when it all gets underway, I will start posting some new pics.
Old 20-06-2009
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Just a bit of an update to my buildup.

After contemplating a diff swap versus keeping the standard dana 30/44 combo, I decided to stick with the standard ones due to the fact that there will be less stuffing around. As it turns out Hollywood was upgrading his diffs so I decided to buy them over building up my own. The stats are:

Front: d30, 4.88 ratios, arb locker, arb cover, alloy usa axles, hd uni's, warn free wheeling hubs, underside truss, rubicon express tie rod.

Rear: d44 with 4.88 ratios, arb locker, arb cover, alloy usa axles, u bolt yoke conversion.

At the same time the diffs are going in I will be installing a rubicon express LA upgrade kit. I have been trying to decide between the tri-link and 5link rear. At the moment I have decided to go with the 5link and maybe later on upgrade to the tri-link if I feel its necessary. The order will be going in within the next week.

Some new tyres will be on the cards so I have decided to go with 35" creepy crawlers.

After this is all done, Im hoping that will be the end of the major mods and then it will just be a few minor things left like some plasma rope, currie anti rock etc.

Anyway, when it all gets underway, I will start posting some new pics.

Go the Tri-Link.... IMHO it's much better suited to the TJ.
I know where there is a set of 35 creepies for sale
Post New Thread  Reply