mopar shocks - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

I have the mopar/lovell springs (1.5 - 2 inch lift) on my Rubicon. They certainly are an improvement over the OE stock ones and also better than the piss poor ARB crap springs I previously had had on the vehicle. These twisted and distorted after 20000 kms and were, I believe, responsible for very terrifying death wobble (which has now gone since ditching them). At present I have ARB nitro shocks fitted which are very good and heaps better than the OE stock ones. The Mopar aftermarket shocks are Lovell shocks which are also definitely better than the OE stock ones.
Old 05-08-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Can't say I have much faith in the MOPAR springs given my stock ones sagged by about an inch after my first off road trip from new. Fitted OME medium rate springs (which come fully scragged so no settling) and nitrocharger shocks and very happy with the resulting ride and vehicle stance etc.
Old 05-08-2010
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My OME stuff has been great... and its still going strong...

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 05-08-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Fitted mine (springs only) just after the 1,000km service. Was noticeably stiffer, raised the rear 63mm and the front 67mm. Just clocked over 3,000km and height is still the same.

The springs are the same free length as the stock springs, so no additional travel is possible. I also noticed that I only had to drop the diff about 30mm past the full shock extension to drop the springs out, so do not put longer shocks in unless you are using something to hold the spring from falling out at full travel. Could be a little bit of a problem otherwise

Over all after settling in for a few weeks the ride is great, just a little stiffer than stock which is perfect for the additional height as you dont get anymore bodyroll on corners. If I drop the tyre pressure to about 32psi, the ride is the same as it was with stock springs on 35psi (as it was delivered).

Harass your dealer for a good price too - got mine real cheap

Heres the post I did when I put mine in

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 05-08-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OME are terrible from previous experience, there are enough horror stories on the forum to confirm this, just look at the after photo when they have been ditched for anything better...
I have a four door rubicon with mopar coils and shocks as well as a 4 door JK with just the coils and standard shocks. The lovells shocks are fantastic, I love the ride in the rubicon compared to my other JK. The ride is firm but very smooth and soaks up bumps very well, when you see the shocks you can tell they are a quality item! I agree that the mopar springs sag a little as mine did after being loaded to the hilt for a three week camping trip but not a lot.
Old 06-08-2010
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95xjcherokee View Post
OME are terrible from previous experience, there are enough horror stories on the forum to confirm this, just look at the after photo when they have been ditched for anything better...
I have a four door rubicon with mopar coils and shocks as well as a 4 door JK with just the coils and standard shocks. The lovells shocks are fantastic, I love the ride in the rubicon compared to my other JK. The ride is firm but very smooth and soaks up bumps very well, when you see the shocks you can tell they are a quality item! I agree that the mopar springs sag a little as mine did after being loaded to the hilt for a three week camping trip but not a lot.

Sorry mate... we'll just have to agree to disagree...

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 06-08-2010
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
Sorry mate... we'll just have to agree to disagree...
Or you havent experienced other brands to accurately comment. Its amazing how subjective one's ride is.... some people who think theirs is great is actually crap to others.
Post New Thread  Reply