looks like my next project will be sooner than hoped - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-10-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Lot of us in that era fella's.

Yep, tools have always haunted me, no matter how many you've acquired over the years, the one you need is always the one you don't have...
Or you know you have it, but the last time you remember seeing it was when you ducked down to the local spare parts shop to grab a new set of points for the Ol XY Falcon sitting in the driveway, and you said to yourself I will put that spanner and socket in that box, that way I won't lose it, only never to be seen again because you forgot where you put the bloody thing
Old 31-10-2022
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLMATE View Post
Or you know you have it, but the last time you remember seeing it was when you ducked down to the local spare parts shop to grab a new set of points for the Ol XY Falcon sitting in the driveway, and you said to yourself I will put that spanner and socket in that box, that way I won't lose it, only never to be seen again because you forgot where you put the bloody thing
Oh man, I can relate to that...
Old 31-10-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Mate, that looks like an absolute slut of a job! That video makes it look much easier than it would be on my back, getting sand and shit in my eyes, grazing my knuckles and throwing the odd spanner down the driveway! I am with you fellas, I really can't be arsed being on my back and dicking about under the car anymore, and I am 20 years younger, haha.
Looks like you could, maybe, jack the motor up with your finest piece of wood or I've always found a phone book (do they still exist) works well, maybe poke a small hole in the top, squirt as much goo in there as you can, cross your fingers and hope for the best. Or option 2, pay some bloke with long thin arms and girly hands to get at it and graze his knuckles.
Old 01-11-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,000 Times in 2,360 Posts

Alloy sump scares me and knocking up a lift bracket for engine, removing the bonnet to allow a handy billy slung from roof beam is just too much stuffing around ... Your normal old 3 wheel engine lifter wouldn't stand a chance trying to hoist this donk either I reckon.........
I'll pay some bugga then I'll worry what has been broken...... doomed whichever way I go.

Ive got lots of stuff in a safe place, in fact lots of safe places, not to mention walk into shed to get something, not only can't find it can't remember what the hell I went to get .......... never when I go to get a beer though.....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 01-11-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

this fellow shows the engine mount and cuts it open
https://youtu.be/lOh3FqkdzaI

it seems to me that the rubber base is soft and probably cushions the thing as the oil does its thing, seems the bottom ruptures probably heat and age and then the oil leaks out, seems also that in my case water got in.

the youtube clip shows that the mounting stud then can move freely, allowing the engine to rock and likely transmit vibrations to the body,

at this point mine don't move and there is no vibration

i rang 7slot at Ormeau and got a price to replace mounts with me supplying the parts, i felt there price was reasonable, i think they said 4 hours

they are booked out till the end of november so for me im just going to order the mounts and once i have them book the car in

if anyone has any suggestions on brand please let me know

im reasonable concerned that this is a repair that needs to be done as i don't want it getting to the point that the engine is flopping about

thanks
Old 01-11-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

forget Bursons they want 250.00 each, what!!!

ive ordered a pair from rock auto 225 for the pair delivered.

there were cheaper options on eBay AU but looked dodgy
Old 01-11-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,000 Times in 2,360 Posts

IN my book I have 52124677AG left/right eng mounts and Rockauto tagged, along with 68103111AB which is the tranny mount also tagged as Rockauto which just means local way too expensive.........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply