WARNING - Your details have been stolen off AJOR - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Yes i would not Email or Register on the "other site" they have a large repository of your information that you cannot delete, giving them more info is a TERRIBLE idea.

DO NOT USE A PASSWORD you use often on "that site" as it is clearly accessible to them, combining this with a valid email address would be stupid!
You will find that your contact email address is already in your profile on the other site as I checked last night and its all there for me?

JTO
Old 18-10-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everyones email, or just those that have it as public in their profile?
I had a quick look over there, couldn't search without being registered, and couldn't be bothered looking further to see what/if they stole of my posts.

Add me to the 'Please remove' list if there is one.
Old 18-10-2010
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer on ausjeepforum.com
"A few changes in progress...

1. All the archived content will be moved into a separate forum to distinguish it from fresh, local content
2. Any user that posts on on the AJOR thread http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=100356 that they do not want their content on this site will have it deleted immediately, all those that have already expressed this wish have been processed.
3. We'll turn the crawler process around, so it becomes opt-in rather than opt-out......If you request your content to be moved from AJOR, then we will move your content on request - this will take a little longer to setup."
So if you post your disapproval they will remove your details and posts. If you don't say anything then they will keep your details including your email address, login name, threads, posts and maybe even images.

cheers
Old 18-10-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just emailed them and demanded my posts and details are immediately removed, and that I am not and will not be a member of their forum.
Old 18-10-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Scum bags... True AJOR member here No other atempt to make a copy cat site will win me over
Old 18-10-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Well .....

Thank Gawd .... none of my posts will be worth liberating to another site so some mob can pad the post entries in an effort to look like a successful forum.

One thing that concerns me tho .....

I understand it quite acceptable to post a link on another forum to an original post ...
I do that quite often, out of respect to the original poster ......

But whats the legality situation of pinching another forums internal servo data in regard to user names and passwords ????

And what low act clown .... would bother doing so ?????

Seems typical that a mob who ran rampant on a forum as if they owned it .... wouldnt be able to start their own .... without behaving like a chinese knockoff manufacturing company, and copy something / use a deliberately similiar name .... of an established entity.

Congrats to OzKrawlers for at least having the decency to establish an ACTUAL, new forum .... by comparison.

Yesssss .... Skotup/Flexy/Wayfarer whatever ... this is my notification that you are not to reproduce any of my posts/pics or information on your site .... unless a poster on your site direct links to my original.

As for any invasion of privacy in regards to having my ..... "forum member" details on your copycat "alternative" site without my application/request to have them there .... I trust there is none.

Last edited by carvesdodo; 18-10-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 18-10-2010
..mi vida loca..

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey skotup ..

i was originally happy to sign in and check out your new forum with a different direction, but -
all i see is ajor content on your site ..

i do not approve of you using my user profile and posts without my consent -
I HAVE NEVER GIVEN AUSJEEPFORUMS.COM, SCOTT HEALEY OR ASSOCIATES PERMISSION TO USE MY USER PROFILE OR POSTS FROM AJOR ..

i don't mean to be an arse, but i am not happy with ausjeepforum.com, scott healey or any associates using my user profile or posts from ajor with out consent -
please delete my user profile and post from ausjeepforum ..

grow some balls and start from the begining -
it is never fair to start a 100 meter race from the 80 meter mark, it's not the aussie way ..

anyway -
hope you have a great day ..

..jimbo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
simsy i have been busy at work, you should try it some day
Post New Thread  Closed Thread