WARNING - Your details have been stolen off AJOR - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2010
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,174 Times in 709 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Arrow WARNING - Your details have been stolen off AJOR

WARNING:
It has been brought to our attention that over recent days AUSJEEPFORUMS.COM has apparently been harvesting all of your posts at AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM and has reproduced them on their site. They have also apparently copied your user profile information. This process has been used to start up their copycat forum and have it look like there are 1000's of posts and that you are all members - but it is virtually all of our content! AUSJEEPFORUMS.COM have also chosen a domain name which is extremely similar to this site you are on now in a hope of misleading google traffic and users.

If you object to the collection of your personal particulars, to the representation that you are now a member of that forum and to the copying of all your posts without your consent, send an email to Scott Healey demanding that your user profile and all of your posts be removed and confirming that you have NOT given AUSJEEPFORUMS.COM permission to reproduce your posts from AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM.

Please also be aware that William Northcott trading as Britsport Australia has registered AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM.AU to try to trick people who accidentally put a ".au" on the end of our web address. That domain name has then been redirected to AUSJEEPFORUMS.COM!

If you believe you have been the victim of identity theft you should report the matter to your local police or to the Federal Police if desired.

If you wish for more information please PM and I will supply what is needed. Sorry to bother you with this - it's what happens when you try to run a decent site and ban those who want to cause trouble. They seem to think that what they are now doing is clever and will damage us.

With your loyalty and support that won't happen.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 18-10-2010
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Also, with AJOR being a public forum anyone can view means that alot of your posts have already been stolen and are being used by others in the world. google also caches most websites at regular intervals and keeps full copies of them so even if AJOR happens to delete a number of posts they may very well exist still on the internet.

This is why it is strongly suggested you never post unique personal information on the internet.
Old 18-10-2010
Rubicon Pentastar!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's pretty pathetic, thought they wanted to start something different, using existing posts and also taking all the user accounts is pretty low. Prob a good thing we don't have to deal with those ......... on this forum anymore anyway!

What I should have wrote was....

How can some people bag out, name call and down right slam other people and then be so "courteous" at events! I'm not refering to any particular group, just pissed off that AJOR mods are coping so much crap for trying to run a clean public site for people to feel safe on and not afraid to post because they think they will get the piss pulled out of them.

Sorry if I offended anyone I should pick my words a little more carefully. I from now on amnot getting involved with any more of this but will support AJOR all the way, yes I agree the world is big enough for another site but not a rip off one at that!

www.SBRoffroad.com.au

Last edited by Mischif; 18-10-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: re worded not to offend
Old 18-10-2010
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

I notice that i'm a registered member on that forum and all my posts which i posted on ausjeep are there. I am unable to log in and modify or delete my posts. I will try to contact that forum and ask that my user details and posts be deleted from their site. I don't want to be involved or associated with a site like that.

cheers
Old 18-10-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischif View Post
It's pretty pathetic, thought they wanted to start something different, using existing posts and also taking all the user accounts is pretty low. Prob a good thing we don't have to deal with those ......... on this forum anymore anyway! Funny when you see the true side of people (with out a screen to hide behind) at events like the jambo, bunch of .......... ............ ! My piece said.
The way you have typed your above message, shows your no different.
off topic in regards to jambo, the group mentioned welcomed everyone for a beer, and put on food for many who came and sat around the fire for a chat. And are a great bunch of people. (true side of people?? your the one behind the computer screen now talking sh!t)

In regards to Jimmys first point and yours, about taking threads, i agree with you, as do many who will use the other forum. Its up to the moderators what happens.
people are getting upset about this website, its another forum, there are plenty of them, AJOR wasnt going to be the only one forever.

Last edited by Aaronsjeep; 18-10-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 18-10-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
I notice that i'm a registered member on that forum and all my posts which i posted on ausjeep are there. I am unable to log in and modify or delete my posts. I will try to contact that forum and ask that my user details and posts be deleted from their site. I don't want to be involved or associated with a site like that.

cheers
I had a look as I want to help and I found this thread which might answer some of your questions/concerns on how to sign up and/or have your contributions to the internet removed.

clicky click
Old 18-10-2010
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

paoching the name and threads is dog act, they should have done it differently...
Post New Thread  Closed Thread