WJ/WG front bars - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-12-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomart View Post
Bill S, it was your design that gave me inspiration to build mine, thanks.
Thanks for that, my head now won't fit through the door!

For those interested the hoses shown on the top left of the 2nd photo are to a standard air hose snap lock fitting on the bar and run to air bottles under the rear guards.

I have the compressor mounted under the bonnet in front of the air box ( the inlet throat has been removed)

For my next project I think I've figured out how to also fit a full-size 100amp hour battery under the bonnet along with the two that I already have fitted
Old 17-12-2008
asp_777
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
Thanks for that, my head now won't fit through the door!

For those interested the hoses shown on the top left of the 2nd photo are to a standard air hose snap lock fitting on the bar and run to air bottles under the rear guards.

I have the compressor mounted under the bonnet in front of the air box ( the inlet throat has been removed)

For my next project I think I've figured out how to also fit a full-size 100amp hour battery under the bonnet along with the two that I already have fitted

I'd like to see that!! even a 50amp!!
Old 18-12-2008
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bill - did you notice any difference in the engine when you removed the inlet throat?

and can you post some pics of your engine bay please?

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Old 18-12-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjeeper View Post
Bill - did you notice any difference in the engine when you removed the inlet throat?

and can you post some pics of your engine bay please?
I know it's off topic for this thread, but here is what it looks like at the moment with the throat missing and the compressor in it's place.

I did not notice any difference, but I will say I drive it pretty lightly and as a result average around 15l per 100k around town. That being said I've often had it up over 100l per 100k towing the camper up the beach in soft sand - doing believe it or not 70km+ in low with the lockers engaged!

The thing has so much Torque anyway that I'm not sure I've ever noticed the difference, I did an experiment the other day with a pod filter mounted straight into the throttle body and the whole lot removed and that did not make any difference either.

Bill
Old 18-12-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

GRRR!

The picture did not attach.

Here we go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GIBPAT Logo on Building_0466.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	30168  
Old 18-12-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp_777 View Post
I'd like to see that!! even a 50amp!!

O.K. once again I know I should start a new thread on this, but here we go.

Here is the plan which is in 3 stages.

1) A snorkel from a Navara D22 1997-2002 fits a GC V8, it's ARB part number 55720HF, the idea is to pull out the airbox etc completely back to the throttle body. I need to get the factory to make me an adapter from the body which is 85mm dia to a standard 75mm tube.

2) I found a pod which I have had on it in tests from time to time that is about the same size as the "hat style" top you see on a 75 series cruiser, so I plan to get the factory to make up a conical cover etc so I can mount this on top of the snorkel meaning I don't have to have anything under the bonnet.

3) I have 3ea 100 Amp hr deep cycle batteries in the camper. a Fullriver , an Ultimate and a Remco RM12-100. I spoke with all 3 companies, The Remco and Fullriver can according to them be mounted on the side, the Ultimate can't. I have a cardboard box that is exactly the same size as the Fullriver on it's side and with the airbox out it fits on an angle quite easily, the factory are making me a 2mm S/S tray with a .6mm S/S heat deflector up and I've cut a piece of Perspex that is the same size as the base so I can work out the bracket size, shape and placement. Once all of this is fitted, I'll go back to one big battery in the tray and use the 100ah as the aux and just get the leads for my existing dual battery management system lengthened

That's the plan in any case

Bill
Old 18-12-2008
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Getting back to front bars......I like this from Trailready

http://www.trailready.com/bumpers/jeep_gr_cherokee.html

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Post New Thread  Reply