"Jeep Thing"!!! Will it ever end?????? Feel free to vent..... - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-11-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,113 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Right you are mate. I get my both my balls crushed at once as I own a 4.8 Patrol and a TJ Jeep.
The 4.8 Patrol... and people say that the Xj is heavy on petrol....

The Tj unfortunately has a disadvantage when compared to the Xj, the coil spring rear end and the shorter wheelbase can all contribute to odd things in regards to ride and handling etc...

The other common trait I have noticed with Tj's, well at least their owners, is they often run large tyres like 32's etc on the stock 3.07 gears...

Where abouts in QLD are you?

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 14-11-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Right you are mate. I get my both my balls crushed at once as I own a 4.8 Patrol and a TJ Jeep.

Bush mechanics on a 4.8 ......mmmmm not when it comes to electricals ......suspension and stuff , maybe.

My biggest issue with the TJ is being able to find someone that can help or knows the car. The usual vendors around QLD is more than happy to sell you shit but when you have issues like vehicle wobbles over a certain speed they all turn out to be clueless. It has been hell to just find someone that will talk to you and even more hell to find someone that seems to know what they are talking about...........all the Jeep guru's seem to be in NSW and VIC .....no help to me realy. Some days I feel like torching the TJ ........but sell it .......me no think so
give stu http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/
a call he knows jeeps and tj`s very well.
he will talk to you for sure.

Help support the future of the forum
Old 14-11-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
The 4.8 Patrol... and people say that the Xj is heavy on petrol....

The Tj unfortunately has a disadvantage when compared to the Xj, the coil spring rear end and the shorter wheelbase can all contribute to odd things in regards to ride and handling etc...

The other common trait I have noticed with Tj's, well at least their owners, is they often run large tyres like 32's etc on the stock 3.07 gears...

Where abouts in QLD are you?
Yeah the Pootrol is heavyish on the jiuce but an average of 16.5L per 100km fully loaded to Cape York and back I thought was acceptable. Luckily I don't use it as a daily.

Yeah the TJ is a different car alright. But I do ejoy it to a certain extent and know once it rides right I will realy enjoy it. I run 33's with a 3 inch lift ( the car came with a 2 inch body lift ) and yes the ratio's has been changed before I got the car ( me being able to drive at 80kmh in fifth gear I heard is testement to the ratio's having been changed ?) To address these wobbles I have installed a rear adjustable panhard and about to order a front adjustable one too....... I live out on Bribie Island so please give us a hoy if you guys ever come up here to enjoy a nice day out on the beach .....
Old 14-11-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkanac View Post
i've put too much money and effort in it to just get rid of it but after this starter issue i might do just that.
I was under the impression that we can vent in this thread, but according to you im not allowed to complain???
I had starter problems, $35 drive fixed it. After getting one out of Europe, I found a local auto elec with several gathering dust ~ they are used in the starter on a ford V8 of some sort. Have not looked back since.
If you put crap water in the cooling system the heads will fail.
Sounds like you have paid too much to some one to fix minor stuff.
I have the trans out of mine today chasing an oil leak. no big deal, when I find it I will make sure it doesnt leak again.
Old 15-11-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Being new to jeeps but far from new to modded cars and 4wd's I dont get why once a week there seems to be a thread trying to justify the car to yourselves?

Jump on any other forum and they are boasting about how awesome their cars are.

Modify a car, or drive it hard and you will have issues. When the car is 15yrs+ old you will have more issues. I've only been a jeep owner for a few months now and nothing that has broken has been outside of what I'd consider normal maintenance for a car of that age.

Having seen what a near stock XJ can handle in a winch challenge style events is one of the main reasons I brought one... I've seen patrols, hiluxs and cruisers driven similarly and they certainly didnt last as long.

2k for a diff build is definately pretty reasonable.

Cars that are used = money pits.

My rant is you jeep drivers ranting.
Old 15-11-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Being new to jeeps but far from new to modded cars and 4wd's I dont get why once a week there seems to be a thread trying to justify the car to yourselves?

Jump on any other forum and they are boasting about how awesome their cars are.

Modify a car, or drive it hard and you will have issues. When the car is 15yrs+ old you will have more issues. I've only been a jeep owner for a few months now and nothing that has broken has been outside of what I'd consider normal maintenance for a car of that age.

Having seen what a near stock XJ can handle in a winch challenge style events is one of the main reasons I brought one... I've seen patrols, hiluxs and cruisers driven similarly and they certainly didnt last as long.

2k for a diff build is definately pretty reasonable.

Cars that are used = money pits.

My rant is you jeep drivers ranting.
We know all this shakes, everyone gets frustrations and it's good to let it out, it's not good to be one of these people who bottles it all up then one day drives their jeep off a cliff and there goes a perfectly good jeep!

Nothing is forcing you to read theese posts, don't take it personally, we are all friends here

Just to mix it up time to time I do post a thread saying how nuclear war proof my jeep is
Old 15-11-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj69 View Post
give stu http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/
a call he knows jeeps and tj`s very well.
he will talk to you for sure.
cheers KJ69 ............will do !
Post New Thread  Reply