Chrysler recalls 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the word of warning Multihull, I was planning to book it in this weekend but I might hold off for a bit now. Please let us know the outcome.
Old 14-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Me too..I don't have an issue with the old firmware after 183,000km....I'll hold off as well.... Remember Alfre E Neuman "If it ain't broke don't fix it"...Might just leave it to the next owner to decide.
Mine is for sale......Off to buy a MY14 WK2 CRD Ltd....Well at least order one anyway....Mate ordered his about a month ago and has just been told it's on the warf at Baltimore...Now the top selling SUV here so can expect a wait I guess exspecially with the Offroad Adventure Pack.

Last edited by Wanderer; 21-10-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 17-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by multihull View Post
I had my transfer case recall done Thursday week ago and now I'm having issues with a warning on the Dash. "Service 4WD system" I've checked my diff and transfer oils and all is OK. I notice today that i can here the transfer case motor shifting when I start to drive forward and I can feel the car do a strange hop as I turn out of my drive. I thought this was the ABS wheel speed sensors but found these all to be OK and it's actually the transfer case trying to lock. Similar to when you go to low range. And the engine is not shifting gears until a far higher rev range. Like its in low range.
I have now check out the feed back on the USA jeepcommander.com forum and there's a hole heap of issues this recall has caused.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...er+case+recall
Don't get the recall done unless your ready for the problems.

I'm phoning them tomorrow and asking if they can remove the recall flash to my transfer case. If they don't it's off to court. I'm pissed off!
They won't reverse the recall flash because it was done as part of a safety issue. Now my car is unsafe because it goes into low range for no reason. Today it jumped into low when I was doing about 20 kph.

Now it looks like I'm about to start a shit fight with the local Jeep Dealership and Jeep Australia. I hope it doesn't come to this and and logic & sensibility prevail.
Stand by for more updates!
Old 17-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
They won't reverse the recall flash because it was done as part of a safety issue. Now my car is unsafe because it goes into low range for no reason. Today it jumped into low when I was doing about 20 kph.

Now it looks like I'm about to start a shit fight with the local Jeep Dealership and Jeep Australia. I hope it doesn't come to this and and logic & sensibility prevail.
They probably can't roll back the update, possibly have to install the original file and then apply all the updates prior to the last one.
I had it installed two weeks ago, and crossed fingers nothing has happened since.
I engaged 4low the other day and then disengaged no problems, hope it stays that way.
Old 17-10-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

If I had to guess I would say the TCM or the Shifter, some in the US have had to have the shifter replaced after the flash.

The Transmission Control Module may not have taken the flash correctly or the shifter has the crack the flash was designed to protect from.

Still it should have been picked up at the time of the recall when they checked their workmanship & correct operation of the T/C
Old 18-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Multihull..You might try a bloke I know at Queensland Chrysler/Jeep HQ Brisbane....I've been across the Simpson with him ....Not sure of his title there now (think he's just been promoted)....A good bloke & may be able to get something sorted for you...PM me and I'll give you his details.

Glad I'm slack and haven't booked mine in yet and won't

Last edited by Wanderer; 21-10-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 18-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
If I had to guess I would say the TCM or the Shifter, some in the US have had to have the shifter replaced after the flash.

The Transmission Control Module may not have taken the flash correctly or the shifter has the crack the flash was designed to protect from.

Still it should have been picked up at the time of the recall when they checked their workmanship & correct operation of the T/C
That makes sense, if there was a problem with the flash coding, the problem would have shown up on all the cars that were flashed.
Post New Thread  Reply