superchips flashpaq - is it worth it, will it help - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-07-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

FYI

I just read the Flashpaq now has throttle sensitivity adjustment (aka sprintbooster). for the JK.
Old 27-07-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by max&ozzy View Post
Hi JK07,

I'm really just aiming to help with towing capabilities for the camper. So do I superchip or re-gear. (obvioulsy both but not going to happen) so which would you do? I think I've got stock 3.21 ratio. I asked for a tow bar from dealer when new but think it was pre the tow pack and he certainly didn't seem to say anything about a tow pack.
3.21 is insane. the 07 came out with 4.1 standard and it works fine. put 41gearing in the diffs and you will pull anything you like and in top gear. standard gear should be no higher than 3.73. check species on all other medium size 4wd. they all run around .8 ratio in gearbox in top and around 3.73 ratio in the diffs. they all work fine and have towing limits of 3 tonne. the 07 wrangler came out with 4.1 diffs which turn them into a real tractor. when chrysler changed to a 3.21 diff ratio, they quite simply got it it dead set wrong!!!!!! correcting their mistake will give you a great towing vehicle.
Old 31-07-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just ordered a flashpaq from Quadratech, now hopefully get betteer fuel eco, more power and better crawl capabilities when going down hills

07 JK front/rear lockers, BFG 305/70/16's
Old 31-07-2010
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo76 View Post
Just ordered a flashpaq from Quadratech, now hopefully get betteer fuel eco, more power and better crawl capabilities when going down hills

Think you will be happy Cambo...

Just re-installed mine today after having the engine re done last week (warranty).

I left for a week to settle back down and there is a definite improvement in the Jeep...

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 04-08-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Got my flashpaq yesterday, updated it on the net. Installed the 93 Tune (running BP 9, took it for a spin around the block and lots of knock. Reinstalled the 91 Tune ...Still lots of knock. Went back to stock while thinking what a waste of 450 odd dollars. Tried the 87 tune this morning thinking hey this should work right? Wrong. still knocking!!

Has anyone checked their tunes via data acquisition and 'Knock Retard' to check there is no ping? I would suggest anyone running flashpaq to check this as your pistons wont last long at the rate mine was pinging.

Posted on the SC forum and hopefully they will come up with a fix.
Old 04-08-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah, i'm starting to think i have a $450 paperweight...

Just reading now that our octane ratings here is AUS are on a different scale to America so our 98RON is the same as America's 93MON. Something to take note of if you think you are ok running Shell Premium on the 93tune.

Can't stress enough for all those running a flashpaq here in AUS to do a "Knock Retard" check.
Old 04-08-2010
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If your back to stock and it still knocks or pings...

It's not the flash but the fuel... not or fuels are the same.... supposed to be but there not...

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Post New Thread  Reply