CRD/V8 diff upgrade. - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2016
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I would put an eaton truetrac in the rear if it was mine.
The QDII diffs are Eaton and in my opinion are superior to mechanical lockers. Allowing just the right amount of slip when you need to steer around an obstacle on the track.

My rear QDII diff is still in perfect working order with 210,000km (130,000 miles) on it. Only changing to get the 3.73 ratio, the CRD has a 3.55 ratio & I wanted to get back to near stock gearing ratios.

If I was going to run 35" tyres I would have went for the 4.11 gears but to stay legal here in Oz that would require engineering .
Old 03-02-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
The QDII diffs are Eaton and in my opinion are superior to mechanical lockers. Allowing just the right amount of slip when you need to steer around an obstacle on the track.

My rear QDII diff is still in perfect working order with 210,000km (130,000 miles) on it. Only changing to get the 3.73 ratio, the CRD has a 3.55 ratio & I wanted to get back to near stock gearing ratios.

If I was going to run 35" tyres I would have went for the 4.11 gears but to stay legal here in Oz that would require engineering .
i must agree i also own a L^#) R*%#R D1 with 5" flexy lift, 35"x13.5 maxxis mudzillas and arb lockers front and rear, let me tell you swapping crogs and flicking switches while trying to manage a clutch, climbing a steep technical hill can get you undone real quick.
all do my commander is nearly stock atm, clicking it into low 1st and letting the car do all the rest can get you just as far. so i could only imagine QD11 with decent suspension and 33"s or better 35"s.
Old 06-02-2016
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Rear diff 99% done, only tail shaft left to do. Will finish it off tomorrow & start on the front.
That's if my aching back lets me get out of bed in the morning. I think I'm getting old
Old 08-02-2016
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Ok this is fun almost back together but I am in desperate need of a passenger side half shaft & lower control arm.
Half shaft CV is really stiff at the wheel end & lower ball joint is on its way out.

Anyone got one?
Old 09-02-2016
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Well it's all back together & running sweet but the all knowing Valpacer is 100% right
Quote:
Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
Both will also require sending the TCM to the US for reprogramming (although you prob already know that!)

Best way for 3.73 is just a diff swap, nice and easy. but 4.10 would be nice!
I have emailed you VP for some info.

P/S
Where is the TCM on a CRD?
Old 09-02-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Ok this is fun almost back together but I am in desperate need of a passenger side half shaft & lower control arm.
Half shaft CV is really stiff at the wheel end & lower ball joint is on its way out.

Anyone got one?
I've have an assortment of R/H & L/H CV's and 2 sets on lower control arms. You can have them but I'd need to check which end of the CV's are working (inner or outer).
I'm rather time poor and not keen on packing heavy awkward parts for shipping. If you have a mate or any one who wants to drop by and take them away then they're yours for free ex Brisbane Sth side.
Old 10-02-2016
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Multi but I have purchased new control arms & a CV is already on its way.

These parts would be so handy. Someone in the Brisbane area should grab them from you, even if they don't need them. Real waste if they go to the tip.

Cheer's, all the best with your JK.