Tyre Carrier for WH - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-08-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They would not do a bumper if you have the L/R Tank in all ready, because of there is no room to work with the bumper. They have not got the measurement for the WH. (Lost paper) They are willing do one.
Old 18-08-2008
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Surely they would still have the info from the one they've already done??
Those are their pics they sent me!
Old 18-08-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You would think so, After talking to a saleperson for 15 minute and a fabrication worker. The worker remember a silver WH and when a computer girl remember some photos later
Old 18-08-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you have 4x4 fabs contact details?
Old 02-10-2008
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default LRA Auxilary Fuel Tank & Spare wheel dilemma

Long Range Automotive fuel tank installed by ARB Ballarat, local Jeep dealer came down to have a look.
It is an excellent production from LRA gives an additional 110Lt.
Downside is you loose your original fuel cap and cannot change over the lock cylinder - tried at the locksmiths.
The Y filler gives you an option of filling either the original tank or the auxilary tank - bonus around town, you need to only have 79 Lt in your original tank. On trips fill them both, which the installers do to test for leaks, mine was deliberately well down took $308 to fill, ouch!
Regardless you can get a long way on 189Lt of diesel.
The normal fuel guage remains to tell you of how much fuel in the original tank and you get a small LED fuel guage on the dash that has a switch that activates the transfer pump, which operates while you drive.
If you forget to turn it off and the "main tank" overflows it does so up into the Y filler and back into the auxilary tank, until you notice that the light on the switch is still on, an excellent system.
Now for what to do with the spare wheel, I have a custom made storage unit in the rear, no I'm not making one for anyone else!
I think it looks like a roof basket will fit the bill, I will need one spare wheel and one seperate spare tyre for the trip we are undertaking.
I saw the link to TireGate spare wheel carrier on their website, has anyone got one in OZ & what did it cost you to buy it and land it here??
Can you give some details about the unit, does it still allow you to tow 3500Kg, how does it fit to your vehicle.
cheers johnv
Old 02-10-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is the new filler cap lockable?

Also I got a quote from K&N 4WD in Perth they make the strong arm wheel carriers. They will do a single spare wheel carrier that is welded onto a Hayman Reese type tow bar for $1950. They also do a twin for over $3000 (don't quote me as I didn't write down the price) but they need the vehicle for a week or two. Check out there web site

Lukey 3" exhaust, LT265/75R17 BFG AT's and more mods to come
Old 03-10-2008
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah mate the filler cap is lockable, just has a different key & the filler thread is different to the original Jeep filler so it cannot be used, I'd say it has to do with patent & copywrite protection.
Bit far away from Perth where I am mate, however welding something onto the car is not what I had in mind - it needs to be removable.
regards johnv
Post New Thread  Reply