Help required in removing a #6 3lt V6 Merc Glow Plug - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts
Default Help required in removing a #6 3lt V6 Merc Glow Plug

I have done other GP's before on this engine and they're easier than replacing a spark plug BUT..............I went to replace my #6 glow plug last night and what a nightmare and maze of tubes, looms and plastic brackets were in the way. I can hardly see the GP let alone get to it with my 8mm long socket. Has anyone every replaced their #6 glow plug on a Merc V6 3 litre diesel before, if so what the plan of attack to get to the GP besides going to the Stealership.
Old 05-07-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can I ask friend what were your symptoms to replace your glow plugs? I guess hard to start? Mine is getting harder to start so I thing my glow plugs could be on the way out also
Old 05-07-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Codes P0671 to 6

Cold starts is where you really notice it.
Old 06-07-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Sorry Multihull, also meant to say i havent done mine yet, No 6 is the only one still working . Ill have a look tomorrow morning and see if anything pops into my head.

Dave
Old 07-07-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default Glow plugs

My jeep has error codes P0672 , P0672 Glow plug circuit P0671,
also on a different scan tool 2041 glow plug 6....lucky me it sounds like!
2029 plg 2 2026 plug1 all open circuit.

Whats the norm to replace them all or just faulty ones?
Does about $12.00 ea sound a good price?
see: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140695789192?
Old 07-07-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All glow plugs replaced, 6 newbies all running OK The worst were the LH front and the RH rear but we got there in the end Ran the scanner over it and cleared all of the codes and it seems to be running OK. My numbering of each glow plug comes from a drawing that I printed out from the Technical Publication that I purchased.

The LH front No 1, remove engine cover, remove 2 x Tork bolts holding a small electrical coonection box and move out of the way, cut zip tie holding other tubing against fuel rail (I think) and then remove glow plug electrical connector, use long 8mm socket and flexible knuckle and 3/8 drive ratchet to remove.

The RH rear No 6, remove engine cover, remove RH engine cover retaining bracket (10mm bolt), remove glow plug electrical connector, then use 8mm long socket and small extension bar and insert at the back of electrical wires carrier and remove with 3/8 drive ratchet.

Opposite of each case to replace the glow plugs. I hope this may help.....

The rest are all pretty straight forward I thought so if you need to change them, either one or all, seriously it is not too hard and you don't need to give your money to the stealerships to
Old 18-07-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have just been told by Jeep at Tweed that all 6 on mine have failed and they are $88.00 Each
Post New Thread  Reply