Fitting Front and Rear Adj. Panhard Rods Tomorrow - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-04-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fitting Front and Rear Adj. Panhard Rods Tomorrow

For anyone that doesn't know, when I fitted my ARB 2 '1/2 lift I had the diffs move between 25 - 35 mm and so I've purchased front and rear adjustable panhard rods.
They're tough dog and kick ass heavy !! Really happy with them. I've had to give the front one a quick cote of black as I don't like anodised gold things looking all shinny under an illegally high lifted 4be.

Anyways, 4WD1 advertises the adj. front panhard as "the difference is remarkable" running 35's on a JK. So I got a Rancho steering dampener at the same time as my stocko seems to be wet??? and has wet all behind it??? (it's rooted).

Soooo I'm keen as hell to see if it rides "remarkably" better and takes out that jiggle in the steering wheel we all complain about.

I find that if I grip the steering wheel "toight" then the suspension seems to handle it pretty well, but a loose grip on the wheel flies through your hands and it feels like you’re about to crash???

Soo tomorrow I'll know if our beloved front end wobbles are less with, adj. front panhard rod and rancho steering dampener.

PS-Thanks for the heads up on re-adjusting after spring sag MC !!

4865GANG
Old 27-04-2009
Mud bucket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will be keen to see what you think after fitting it all. Are you running 35's? I've been running 33's and only just recently started feeling light wobbles in the steering wheel - riding over a bumpy road.
Old 27-04-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Jag please post your thoughts after panhard fitted as i am currently in a similar canundrum at the moment and not sure which way to go and your opinion would be much appreciated!!
Old 28-04-2009
JEEPOHOLIC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mate SOLID AXLE is releasing heavy duty chromoly Panhard adjustable bars front and rear with OEM bushings which are awesome. The panhards are ready and will be available for purchase next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglertj View Post
Jag please post your thoughts after panhard fitted as i am currently in a similar canundrum at the moment and not sure which way to go and your opinion would be much appreciated!!
Old 28-04-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cost of Panhards

Guys,

How much are the Tough Dog and what is the expected RRP for the Solid Axle

cheers

Leon
Old 28-04-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK07 View Post
Mate SOLID AXLE is releasing heavy duty chromoly Panhard adjustable bars front and rear with OEM bushings which are awesome. The panhards are ready and will be available for purchase next week.
do they rectify the shimmy in the steering wheel?
But they sound good though mate but do you know what the cost of them are?
Old 28-04-2009
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Mine are being fitted today by Solid.

I run 37's and dont have any shimmy, run the stock stabilizer, suggest it could be something else
Post New Thread  Reply