Queensland drivers? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-08-2013
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfy View Post

However, if for some odd reason, they are actually in the left hand lane and see you approaching to overtake, they won't have it and pull out in front of you at the last second.

Saw something like that happen in Sydney one morning on the way to work. I laughed though, because it wasn't me, (in either lane).

I came down out of the Mountains & headed along the M4 at about 5.30am, as I came down I was a bit over the limit & noticed a single headlight in the lane to my right, just pacing me. I thought this was a bit suspicious, so let my speed drift down to just under & kept it there. I was shortly thereafter overtaken by this headlight, which was attached to the police bike...

I just let him go & kept pace one or two hundred meters back. As we came past Blacktown, there was a ute in the center lane that obviously saw a bike coming up in the right lane to overtake him & pulled over in front of it. Said bike backs off a bit & just follows the ute in the right lane for a kilometre or two. Then finally sick of waiting to see if the dickhead will come to his senses, he hit the lights... Last I saw was the ute pulled over on the side of the motorway as I went past.

Let's hear it for a little common sense!
Old 19-08-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Queensland drivers?

Try driving in Tassie. If it's not the local pensioners doing 40kph in a 110 zone it is the army of Grey Nomads/asian tourists doing their annual trip in a huge vehicle they can barely keep in a single lane stopping in the middle of the road on blind corners on a windy mountain highway, out of the vehicle taking photos of an echidna etc . Argh!
Old 19-08-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

AHA.. you obviously did not notice the "brain bucket" at the border!
This device is where you simply place your brain Before crossing into QLD.. they simply post it back later providing you fill the return label out correctly.
And, YES, I have lived up there but it's full of those migrants from down south that don't seem to be able to drive in other states or simply lose the ability to function once their brain has been deposited!
Just laugh at it, they are heaps better then they used to be!
Old 19-08-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusJatzman View Post
I was born and grew up in Sydney. Spent the first 35 years of my life there and then moved to Brissy. So, I totally understand and agree with each of your points.hiwever, a few points to note:
1) They say 5,000 people a month move to Sth east Qld. So at that rate, a large number of drivers on the road are imports (Like me). Hopefully, we can breed that style if driving out of this lovely state.
It could also be the reason that the driving manners have gone down the drain, remember that NSW used to have yellow number plates and the reason was that yellow is a warning colour so others knew to get out of the way.

I have also lived in most states of Aus and you will find it is a region thing not a state thing, for some reason certain regions have worse drivers than others.
Post New Thread  Reply