What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1369 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0375 View Post
Do you know how to use a screwdriver? It's pretty simple. A bit of trial and error and you will get it spot on.
I am still very new to car mechanics, so this is completely uncharted territory for me. I've lived in apartments all my life so having a garage and space to do anything is a completely novel concept to me, but I am willing to give it a try. Obviously if all it requires is s screwdriver and some patience then I think I can handle it, just wanted to make sure it didn't need some special tools.
Old 02-06-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 186 Times in 124 Posts
Default What have you done to your JK this week?

It's very easy, but make sure to grab a torx screwdriver - I think it's a t15 for that one (won't be able to check for a bit sorry) the adjuster screws are at 4 o'clock and (left hand side light when looking at the front of the jk) and 8 o'clock on the right hand side - they are outside of the retainer ring holding the headlights in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by WhiteMeat; 04-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMeat View Post
It's very easy, but make sure to grab a torx screwdriver - I think it's a t15 for that one (won't be able to check for a bit sorry) the adjuster screws are at 10 o'clock and (left hand side light when looking at the front of the jk) and 2 o'clock on the right hand side - they are outside of the retainer ring holding the headlights in

Great! Had a quick look this morning and could see them but couldn't quite reach them through the aftermarket grill, will take it off tonight. I am assuming vertical adjustment is a similar process with different screws?
Old 02-06-2015
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimo View Post
Great! Had a quick look this morning and could see them but couldn't quite reach them through the aftermarket grill, will take it off tonight. I am assuming vertical adjustment is a similar process with different screws?

No, vertical adjustment is done via the white knob things at the back of the headlights - I'm on mobile and can't really find a pic atm - will be about 9pm or so when I can, someone else may be able to link you up in the meantime if you can't find anything...

As a side note re the horizontal adjustments - you're going to need a long screwdriver to make the adjustments as some screwdriver handles hit the holding ring before the bit gets into the screw

Old 02-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
No, vertical adjustment is done via the white knob things at the back of the headlights - I'm on mobile and can't really find a pic atm - will be about 9pm or so when I can, someone else may be able to link you up in the meantime if you can't find anything...

As a side note re the horizontal adjustments - you're going to need a long screwdriver to make the adjustments as some screwdriver handles hit the holding ring before the bit gets into the screw

Thanks for all the info, will report back tonight
Old 02-06-2015
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimo View Post
Thanks for all the info, will report back tonight
Here's one of the threads with the vertical adjustment wheels

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=103330

Takes a sec to find them, but you'll never forget them after that lol
Old 02-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Here's one of the threads with the vertical adjustment wheels

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=103330

Takes a sec to find them, but you'll never forget them after that lol
Ok so that didn't go as planned. Passenger side adjusted like a dream. Drivers side was a bit tight, so i put a bit more force to it and it stripped the threads in a seconds, can still screw it out, but it does not want to go in Are the torx screws replaceable?
Post New Thread  Reply