Recall: Clockspring - Page 16 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-03-2017
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Well, I got an answer, sort of...

The dealer apparently ordered the parts for the 3 recalls when I booked it in on the 7th of March. But they still don't have an estimated delivery date from the warehouse, (FCA?), for when they will get them yet...
Old 17-03-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 63 Times in 44 Posts

Mine was easy. Took 2 weeks waiting for parts though.
Old 26-03-2017
SwampDigger

The parts are in! Now I just have to book it in agan...

The earliest they could bok it in now is the 18th of April! Another 3 weeks. (4 since they called me to bok it...)
Old 01-04-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

I made the phone call to ask if there's any recalls on my car because I had not been registered as the new owner. Yep 3 recalls:
- Clock Spring
- Electric side mirrors need wiring lume replaced
- Soft top issue (I have no soft top)

Made a booking, arrive there on Wednesday morn, the 2 recalls were done. That was it easy.
The Dealer I went to was Brisbane City Automotive, they are a new dealership and it was one of the easiest and most trouble free car services I've had for years. I never heard of them before maybe they have taken over from Leo (Wankers) Mullers Group.
Old 01-04-2017
SwampDigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by multihull View Post
I made the phone call to ask if there's any recalls on my car because I had not been registered as the new owner. Yep 3 recalls:
- Clock Spring
- Electric side mirrors need wiring lume replaced
- Soft top issue (I have no soft top)

Made a booking, arrive there on Wednesday morn, the 2 recalls were done. That was it easy.
The Dealer I went to was Brisbane City Automotive, they are a new dealership and it was one of the easiest and most trouble free car services I've had for years. I never heard of them before maybe they have taken over from Leo (Wankers) Mullers Group.
I hope you had a CO2 extinguisher handy when dealing with them!
Old 01-04-2017
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I've just had my clockspring replaced and it makes this noise that it never used to from neutral steer. Early turning in either direction and gives this little tick like a weight shifting from side to side. If I had to describe something similar it would be like the sound of a small metronome moving side to side. The stereo, AC or open window cancels the noise out but there's still a small tick feeling on turning under the hand. Anyone else felt this?
Old 01-04-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 38 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsix View Post
I'm going to delay taking mine into the dealership for as long as I can. I know from experience that they will break something else.
Same here, if it's working I don't want a jeep dealer to touch my car

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Post New Thread  Reply