JK: Walldog's - AKA - Bling - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-01-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 97 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiboy01 View Post
It goes in the rear so no problem being left or right hand drive
Correct

Quote:
Great bit of engineering, looks very tempting, wonder what freight to AUS will cost
$256

so all up including fitting its not a cheap alternative, but then thats not the focus of the build. I want it to be the best i can make it and that means using the best engineered bits I can find, that comes at a cost
Old 13-01-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
It goes in the rear so no problem being left or right hand drive
Great bit of engineering, looks very tempting, wonder what freight to AUS will cost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mate if you look at the vid, it uses the rhs panhard chassis mount and they add a lhs chassis mount. We have a lhs panhard chassis mount and you would need to fit their lhs mount to our rhs! At a quick glance, this is not going to work unless they do actually make one for RHD vehicles!!

Might need to jump back on the creeper and spend a little more time under the rig and then shoot off a few emails to confirm before spending the bucks!
Matt
Old 13-01-2012
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
Mate if you look at the vid, it uses the rhs panhard chassis mount and they add a lhs chassis mount. We have a lhs panhard chassis mount and you would need to fit their lhs mount to our rhs! At a quick glance, this is not going to work unless they do actually make one for RHD vehicles!!

Might need to jump back on the creeper and spend a little more time under the rig and then shoot off a few emails to confirm before spending the bucks!
Matt
Um... no, have another look , then crawl under your JK and you will see how it works.
Old 13-01-2012
MudSplasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by walldog View Post
Um... no, have another look , then crawl under your JK and you will see how it works.
Yep did both, then posted! You are aware our REAR panhards run opposite to the LHD ones (thanks Yom) it's not just the front that is flipped!!
Old 13-01-2012
Established Member

Quote:
Yep did both, then posted! You are aware our REAR panhards run opposite to the LHD ones (thanks Yom) it's not just the front that is flipped!!
Yep as i said i've been under it every night for the last 3 nights going over how to do it. Not only will it work, but it will be without any modification to the kit or JK.
Old 13-01-2012
MudSplasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by walldog View Post
Yep as i said i've been under it every night for the last 3 nights going over how to do it. Not only will it work, but it will be without any modification to the kit or JK.
Ok so you agree that the lhs bracket will need to be mounted to the rhs chassis rail on our JKs...
Now you see how the bracket mounts on the slope of the chassis rail...you also see that the bracket is not symmetrical.... So if you flip it fit the slope ofthe rail it will point out into the wheel bay and the open end will not face the torque rod for the watts link.
So rather than attitude please show me what I'm missing! I only suggested it doesn't look like it would work and maybe a confirmation email to the manufacturer to possibly save you alot of money and time. I certainly did have a good look before posting and don't post for the sake of posting.
Now if by chance I am correct I still think this can be done either making your own bracket or the manufacturer might if you inform him of the EU and Aust market requiring rhs chassis rail bracket.
Matt.

Last edited by Macca2801; 13-01-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 13-01-2012
Established Member

Quote:
Ok so you agree that the lhs bracket will need to be mounted to the rhs chassis rail on our JKs...
Now you see how the bracket mounts on the slope of the chassis rail...you also see that the bracket is not symmetrical....
Completely agree

Quote:
So if you flip it fit the slope ofthe rail it will point out into the wheel bay and the open end will not face the torque rod for the watts link.
Nope I think you are wrong in your assumption, simple flip of the bracket would result but that's not the way.

Quote:
So rather than attitude please show me what I'm missing! I only suggested it doesn't look like it would work and maybe a confirmation email to the manufacturer to possibly save you alot of money and time. I certainly did have a good look before posting and don't post for the sake of posting.
Matt.
no attitude, simply dont agree with your analysis, you have my apologies if I have unintentionally ruffled your feathers. Instead of going back and forwards Ill take some photos and overlay it and markup how I intend to do it so you will understand, easier than trying to explain. it'll give you a chance to see and show me where I may have got it wrong.