ARB Bullbar? Any interest? - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-10-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeDave View Post
Hi guys, for those of you who dont know me, I design bits and pieces for doubleblack offroad, including an ADR compliant bullbar ( for the JK).

If you guys can pull together 10 people who want a bar I'd be happy to design and manufacture a batch for you guys. Powder coated steel and winch compatable.

The only problem would be timing as I have a list of JK accessories first.

Also seeing as I outsource the crash test that takes time as well. this bar wouldnt be ready till next winter at the earliest.

Bars would be up around the $1700- $2000 mark due to the low volume covering the cost of design/ testing. This would be a full ADR compliant winch bar.

I'd also need a loan of someones car in Melbourne to measure up and fit prototype

let me know if your interested

Dave
Hi Dave.

This is great news, I was actually thinking of getting in contact with DBOR to see if this would be of interest to them, but pleased to see you have come forward. I would definatelly be on that list of 10 people, specially if the bar would be similar to the one that MtnLuvr made and posted on the Lost Jeep forums.

Where abouts in Melbourne are you located?

Cheers Vlad..
Old 18-10-2011

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys,
I just now received a reply from ARB about a bullbar for our Jeep. (Copy and Pasted below)
I think we can forget them and maybe we should get behind the people that ARE willing to do something for us without wanting to make a fortune.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your enquiry to ARB and your interest in our products.

While ARB are monitoring the situation closely, our investigations have discovered insufficient customer demand for a KK jeep bar.

We are therefore unfortunately unable to manufacture this product.

I will ensure your interest in a Jeep KK bar is forwarded to management and the product development panel. To date we have reviewed demand for the KK Jeep a number of times, however as it stands perceived demand is low and with considerable development costs, this product would not be a commercial success at present.

Kind regards.

Andrew Bellamy
Cargo Systems Product Manager
ARB Corporation Limited
42-44 Garden St Kilsyth, Vic 3137
Ph + 61 39761 6622
Fax + 61 39721 9096
abellamy@arb.com.au
www.arb.com.au
Old 18-10-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Dave, I would be interested in looking at this with you as well as Vlad. We are both located in NE Melbourne. If the bar was to be ADR compliant and gave us the approach angle benefits and could handle a winch then we would have a winner. How about we get a prospective list of people that would be serious about this based on the designs that we could make up and then look at getting the designs paid for and then get a serious buyers list. I am pretty sure that we would have more than 10 and then we might be able to leverage some volume savings. Maybe we make a new post Dave? to separate this away from all the bad news from ARB.

Chris
Old 18-10-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

new post started
Old 24-03-2012
Established Member

Hey all,

ARB still say there is not enough interest..

We need to keep harassing them. Its crap we don’t have a decent bar for the KK yet. Nothing is going to happen unless we harass the manufacturers. We need to keep emailing our interest and harassing them as I do until we see something!

We need to get the US guys to as well as that’s where they are basing a lot of there "perceived" interest from.

Here are the email addresses:
sales@arbusa.com (US) and sales@arb.com.au (Oz)
Post New Thread  Reply