CJ3B: Restoration - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-07-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Done a little bit more work today and removed the welded on brake pedal and the steering box. I can't for the life of me work out why the steering wheel has a "fake nut" on it:

I also did not know what to do next as the next "washer" is firmly wedged in and reading the artucles it says "slacken the nut" and use a pully, what nut???

Removed those body bolts which were left (only 7 of the 15 or so) and worked out why she always leaned to the right, no body rubbers on the right, straight onto the frame, 1 left on the left lol.

Looks nice and clean now, ready for lift off tomorrow:

And she is loose, check out my video page:

http://www.thewillysworkshop.com/The...CJ3BVideos.asp
Old 03-08-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am flying!

Removed spring bolts and lifted the frame off!!!

I only have 1 problem and that is this spacer:

Its a fairly large spacer between the axle where the clucth pedal and brake pedal are hinging on. I managed to make it move a bit but than it simply stopped. I WD40'd, I even put the blow torch on it for 2 minutes.... If anybody has any ideas greatly appreciated...
Old 03-08-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts

diagonal cut with hacksaw, cold chisel off
then make a new one,
or just keep heating it......
Old 03-08-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts

another thought, is the spacer part of the shaft, and the shaft screwed into the chassis?
Old 03-08-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi there Ronald!
Thats a great condition CJ3B to start off as a project vehicle. Keep up the good work in documenting the restoration on your web site and in here. Thats something that so many people wish they did after the fact.

Phil...
Old 03-08-2011
BANNED AGAIN

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcolijn View Post
Done a little bit more work today and removed the welded on brake pedal and the steering box. I can't for the life of me work out why the steering wheel has a "fake nut" on it:

Is it a fake nut or what is left of the horn? Did it have the horn button on it? Have you read this? - http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/Tech/HornButton.html

If you find a spare Black "Sheller" steering wheel in your travels please let me know
Old 03-08-2011
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Yeah check that it is actually a spacer, if it is heat untill its glowing cherry red the whole way round then remove once its no longer glowing.Bit off CRC helps to.