OBDII scanner - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-02-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Yep the going to sleep thing affected my Jaycar Bluetooth GPS mouse too, which switches off shortly after it loses comms with the PC, so waking the PC back up doesn't allow for automatic reconnect. But I get 4-5 hours of continuous use from the netpc, then it needs an hour or so of juice to charge it right back up again, so I just live with disabling the power saving options.

Loose wires drive me crazy in the car LOL but it's hard not to have them all the same.

-R
Old 23-02-2011
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

My carpc lives in the XJ so it's not an option to leave it on or it'll kill the aux battery its connected to. Also since it lives there it's no big deal routing the cables behind the dash etc to the PC along with all the other cables routed to it For the same reason I have a hard wired GPS mouse as well

Cheers
Steve
Old 25-02-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

My BlueTooth OBD II reader arrived yesterday. I plugged it in and had a short battle with configuring the com port settings. I won and the unit works great. The 4 basic software packages that it came with only have the basic functions but can read error codes with a function to clear them. If you want to pay you can upgrade the software to a fully functioned Scan tool software. I did a bit off a web surf and found an Australian commpany "GLM" that makes a premium scan tool software "OBD 2007" that does all modern cars and has a great FAQ section with excellent explainations on how ODB works, the history and what all the Acronym's stand for. "MIL", "DLC" etc. You can also upgrade from the trial Lite version and the other great feature you can get a version that works from you pocket PC/ PDA. This means you'll always be able to scan your engine management system. Here's the link: www.glmsoftware.com/
Old 26-02-2011
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

yeah saw mine was dispatched. there is software for my android phone, i'm hoping to get working with it, apart from the s/ware they provide
Old 28-02-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts

When I bought my OBD II scanner I decided to get a USB version (OBDPro USB Scantool) as it connects to my car pc and being hard wired you it connected.

Old 05-03-2011
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by multihull View Post
My BlueTooth OBD II reader arrived yesterday. I plugged it in and had a short battle with configuring the com port settings. I won and the unit works great. The 4 basic software packages that it came with only have the basic functions but can read error codes with a function to clear them. If you want to pay you can upgrade the software to a fully functioned Scan tool software. I did a bit off a web surf and found an Australian commpany "GLM" that makes a premium scan tool software "OBD 2007" that does all modern cars and has a great FAQ section with excellent explainations on how ODB works, the history and what all the Acronym's stand for. "MIL", "DLC" etc. You can also upgrade from the trial Lite version and the other great feature you can get a version that works from you pocket PC/ PDA. This means you'll always be able to scan your engine management system. Here's the link: www.glmsoftware.com/
All set up now... I agree with all the above about the software they supply being fairly basic and very ugly, but it works, with a bit of fidgeting to make Windows assign a low enough COM port that the software they supply would actually connect with the device.

But more convenient option for me is Torque, which runs on my Android phone - the free version is fine, although I got the paid version because has a a few extra features and I thought the developer had done a decent job and deserved a few bucks for his work...
Old 05-03-2011
LokRinger

Liked 1,759 Times in 557 Posts

What is the most comprehensive scanner out there? I thinking I will be needing to be able to turn off such things as airbag light for when my Grand harness and ecu etc will be used in my Willys project.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply