KJ Fuel economy thread - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-12-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I run an '05 CRD with 90k on the clock. I get about 10.5l/100 with about 50/50 city/freeway driving. Just city driving sees it rise to about 11.5l/100. On a straight country run I'll get down to about 9l/100. I run my tyres (245/70 Wrangler ATRs) at 34psi (when cold) and have a 2" lift and roof bars fitted.
I get the same economy. I do a bit more country-road driving and very little city. I got the same kind of tyres, yet a bit smaller (235/70) and no lift. Mine is an 03 CRD though. Just did the service on it and I get about those 10.5 mostly. With more highway driving I end up at around 11.2l/100km.
Old 17-12-2007
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02kj View Post
I'm a bit disappointed with the overall fuel economy of my KJ (But that is all I'm disaapointed in).
around town 17.3/100-18.3/100
Towing a 600kg van 20-21/100
4wd low range 24-26/100
highway 13-14/100 @ 100-110kph

2" lift, Roof bars, Nudge bar, Navara spots, 245/70 AT's (16K old), K&N air filter.

Given that the majority of driving is around town I would love to improve economy without changing to a CRD............anyone got any ideas ???????

Always run Premium, every now and again put a bottle of that Nulon Injector cleaner + Octane Booster in the tank.

I always run BP Premium Premuim stuff and get 14/100km constantly.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 18-12-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmohr View Post
Always run Premium, every now and again put a bottle of that Nulon Injector cleaner + Octane Booster in the tank.

I always run BP Premium Premuim stuff and get 14/100km constantly.
I don't think that would make a huge improvement as for the small gain you will get, you will be paying at least 6 cents per L extra for the fuel plus the cost of the cleaner. But again 02KJ's figure's are up there so it may be worth a try !! (only my 2 cents)

I haven't done enough highway driving to know what mine is like on the open road but around town i am getting 15L/100km's with my wife driving too (a bit of a hoon lol ). That's with a arb bar, skids, roof bars, small lift and usally a full long range tank.
Old 18-12-2007
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55SIC View Post
I don't think that would make a huge improvement as for the small gain you will get, you will be paying at least 6 cents per L extra for the fuel plus the cost of the cleaner. But again 02KJ's figure's are up there so it may be worth a try !! (only my 2 cents)

I haven't done enough highway driving to know what mine is like on the open road but around town i am getting 15L/100km's with my wife driving too (a bit of a hoon lol ). That's with a arb bar, skids, roof bars, small lift and usally a full long range tank.
When running Standard unleaded, was about 18/100 and the car had NO POWER, Premium, 14/100 and the car actually GOES. So YES and big gain for not a lot of dollars. I would only run the additive every now and again to help keep the system clean.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 18-12-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmohr View Post
When running Standard unleaded, was about 18/100 and the car had NO POWER, Premium, 14/100 and the car actually GOES. So YES and big gain for not a lot of dollars. I would only run the additive every now and again to help keep the system clean.

Sorry that really is quite a big gain , worth a try then couldn't hurt!!
Old 18-12-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Geta a little cold here during the winter even in Texas...getting 10L/100km +/-.5L. (basically 88% city stop n go driving) Made an air scoop and some grill blocks that help. Click on link and drag cursor across grill for info:

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=DCP_0209.jpg
Old 19-12-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Average high, or komputer liar. Sensor booster in the dirty oil. From engine or turbine? Engine oil level norm.