What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 241 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 274 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I finally got around to activating Daytime Running Lights. It was quite easy, but there are a few "gotcha's"

Firstly, the method to get access is as per this thread: https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum...d.php?t=154902

The new DRL module goes in the empty slot top left. The mechanical relay immediately below that empty slot has to come out. I found the easiest way to extract it was to take out the one below, then the one that needed to come out (it allows you to get a grip on it) then insert the DRL module and finally put the bottom one back. Using WJ Diag Pro, set the country to Canada and you're done. I don't know if it was necessary or not, but I also did a module reset.

This is the DRL module I ordered: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=444278
There are cheaper ones. I ordered this one because it had the right Mopar part number associated with it, and looked the right pin pattern in the pictures. Interestingly, when I opened the box it had Chrysler logos on it - and has a different looking heat sink (round pins rather than fins). If I ordered an aftermarket one and was sent a Mopar one, I'm not going to complain! The one I got looks like this one:

The gotcha's:
  1. The DRL's don't actually work until you release the handbrake. You won't read this in any of the instruction sites! I got to the point of giving up thinking they were not working and then they came on when I released the hand brake to back into the garage in disgust.
  2. The old mechanical relay must come out. Some sites are not clear about this.
  3. The DRL module ignites the low beam to about 80% brightness by PWM. It will only work if you have standard halogen bulbs. It will not work with LED or HID conversions.

Last edited by JeanLuke; 26-07-2022 at 01:17 PM.
Old 25-07-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 232 Times in 189 Posts

Do you need the "Auto" feature on the stalk?
Old 26-07-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
Do you need the "Auto" feature on the stalk?
No. I don't have that.
Old 29-07-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Default When did you change your fuel filter the last time?

Look, what I found in the fuel filter for the engine heater:
Lots of water and contaminants. Changed the main fuel filter too.

Old 30-07-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 132 Times in 89 Posts

Made some more progress today, thinking i will go with the 4" lift over the 6"

Old 06-08-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Check out my Ride(s)

Replaced the vacuum booster check valve this arvo. It only took 5 minutes to replace... but it took an hour to remove the catch can and the coolant header tank to get at the damn thing!

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
Old 18-08-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 232 Times in 189 Posts

Water pump bearing went south, so I also replaced the tensioner and belt.
Post New Thread  Reply