Scanner jeep diagnostics WH CRD - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Shit man, with all those issues now, it looks like wiring or ECU or TCM playing up. Maybe first, go under the car, disconnect all wiring plugs and if you have an air tool, blow them out (but not necessary) and put them back into place. Do this for each plug you can see. Then disconnect the negative from the battery for 10 minutes and hook it back up, it'll reset the ECU and see if the haunting monsters reappear. This is the least you can do (for free) to try and see if it's something as simple as a dirty connector.

If all fails, I don't think those OBD2 scanners/readers would pick anything up more than the mechanic did, I'd book the car in at the dealers and specify that you want them to run their StarScan scan tool and to give you the readout of all the codes it lists and possible solutions, then you can take the car off them and repair it yourself or somewhere else. It shouldn't cost more than $130. Their StarScan should give more specific info of the problem, let us know and we can check it up in the service manual or you can download one yourself.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 08-07-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

I think Briteway is on track, it seems odd there are so many codes all of a sudden. Most scan tools are still not as detaield as the factory stuff and as I said previously I think you really need it read on factory tool as much as that thought hurts. Even if they can just clear everything so you know all is cleared and then see what comes up from there. As Briteway said with the plugs I'd give them a squirt with a sensor type cleaner or contact cleaner blow them out to make sure there is no crud then I'd give them a little squirt with WD40 to help dispel water before putting back in.

Make sure that pliug you ripped out is contacting correctly and also staying seated home correctly. It must have damaged it given all plugs have a locking tab and many Jeep plugs have the extra lock tab that won't allow the standard tab to release.

I'd be gettign onto the Merc forum and start asking there are there is a far greater wealth of info on there also and they are keen enough to help with other Merc powered vehicles. I use mercedesclub.org.uk and there are a couple of independant merc techs on there that have good mechanical and electronic experience.

A reset after the new battery would be good and I'd be going over your earths to make sure they are good as well.
Old 08-07-2012
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

I know these throw a heap of codes as soon as the battery voltage gets low. Do a reset and see what reappears now that you have a new battery in.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 10-07-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default Tcm

Has anyone found the TCM ? The books tell me just to the right of the steering wheel column could be camoflaged in felt.....two days later and I still cant find it.
Is there any photos / better descriptions around where all these things are apart from the service manuals?
Old 11-07-2012
LokRinger

Thought I found mine under the rear seat when I stripped mine down bare?

My web site:
Old 12-07-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default modules

Hi Go jeep,
I reckon its the final drive module under the rear seats, different plugs to the TCM.....but correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14-07-2012
LokRinger

Was a while ago I'm afraid. Also found more under the centre console but think that was for the airbags and roll mitigation?

My web site:
Post New Thread  Reply