Commander Bullbars - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Good stuff Multihull...Count me in for one and I'm positive you'll get more..I'll email you off forum.
Hi all here's an rough quote for shipping ex Sth Africa. My shipping agent can offer LCL service ex South Africa but he'll need to know where from. If Durban work on US$ 300.00 perm3 for the Freight / To Customs Clear in Brisbane and deliver and Local Wharf handling you would look at a further A$400.00. Then add Duty is 5% plus GST. Transit time 36 days 2 sailings a month
Old 26-01-2010
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Hi CRDSTU.....This is my third Jeep since 96 and still have the first and XJ is still going like a dream but the Commander is something else...A great 4x4 with some mods but then most new 4WDs need some...My wife loves the Commander and I've had some flash cars to date (mainly V8s) but she says this is the best ride.

I'll put your details up tonight and also I've passed them onto Westside 4x4:

3D graphics are by AEV.....PWE emailed this link to me and is where I linked the images from....Looks good but they haven't put it on the market yet because of low speed airbag deployment compliance. Apparently airbags shouldn't deploy at speeds less than 10km/h - in the US that is.

AEV Commander: http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehic...xk_iceland.php
I wonder how much difference there is in airbag deployment world wide especially with the RHD versions? Is it something programmed in the vehicle's comp? Sorry to show my ignorance, and would would be good to see a bar become available for Commanders as they are a great looking vehicle and seem to well where ever people take them.
Old 17-02-2010
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sounds great will they be doing a winch bar
Old 17-02-2010
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sounds great have someone in victoria who will make one for me but not airbag compatable do these people plan to do a winch bar
Old 02-03-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
Default Commander Bullbar development Sydney

I have contacted Sam at Overkill Engineering, he is happy to look into the development of a bullbar for the Commander (with & without a winch). I have sent him several photo's of overseas bullbars.

Is there anyone in Sydney that wants a bullbar that can visit Sam?

There contact details are as follows:
Overkill Engineering
Phone: 0400469186
Address: 91 Hunter Lane Hornsby NSW, 2077

Old 30-03-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face rear bar

I killed the rear bar on my 06 Commander last weekend and dont want to spend the bucks for a plastic replacement cant find anything on the market so would be keen to get both front and back replaced in steel winch bar be better spoke to local fabricator here at the hill about a rear bar said it doable for them but is going to cost some but at least it would be 1 off instead of wrecking another we use our jeep for towing a camper and a trailer and a horse float so getting backed up to stuff all the time and thats always a bit perilous!
Old 30-03-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Oh for a manufacturer

mad:wife I was as popular as a lepper at a prawn BBQ. I dont know if its better to go down the insurance route and just simply replace the bumper cover and get it painted or pay the bucks to get a steel replacement if there was a bolt on replace front with winch bar and back cause its St#ffed without a second thought. I am going to Brisbane on the weekend to pick up a camper and a tinni nice to chuck on some replacement bars as well

Last edited by 96Elefant; 30-03-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: More to tell
Post New Thread  Reply