exhaust tail pipe replacement for 3.0lt diesel - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPCDR View Post
I'm happy with the result of fitting the Roo System exhaust. I would have liked more of a note, but I also like that I don't hear the exhaust when cruising (not above the tyres anyway). Would be interesting to know the result, diesels need some back pressure though.
I might get a quote from my local exhaust pipe guy for a 3" system from the DPF back without the muffler or maybe just a small hot dog muffler and see how it goes.
Old 01-12-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by multihull View Post
I might get a quote from my local exhaust pipe guy for a 3" system from the DPF back without the muffler or maybe just a small hot dog muffler and see how it goes.
mate i have just done this cost is about $350 without hotdog so another $70 if needed for a mandrel bent system from dpf back will hopefull get it underway next week and post the results without a dyno handy
it'll just be my thoughts though
Old 01-12-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts

Freaky, Roo Systems rang me today for a follow up on how the exhaust was going. I told them i was happy with it but would have liked a bit more of a note, he stated the the sports muffler could be removed and replaced with a straight pipe for more of a note, no drone and noise wouldn't be excessive as the turbo, cat and DPF removes most of that.

Food for though

Old 02-12-2011
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

what a classic talk about timing

i have just orginised fitment for next thurs the exhaust i will also be getting crdstu tune with his flash scan tool
which i cannot wait to fit cause not only will the extra ponies and economy come in handy but also being able to clear fualt codes will be a great saving of time eg: today my engine malfunction light came on
i was a little concered after all i had only serviced it a couple of days ago myself
so off i went to JEEEPARTS to get zane and the boys to give it a scan and see what it came up with
just before the light had come on i had just replaced my rear tail lights with another set of leds
this didn't even cross my mind as being a possible fault however it was the only one on the scan tool when at jeeeparts so being able to clear these types of fualts will almost be priceless and with the added diesel economy and power tis a hands down necsscity in my book
Old 02-12-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

Go'ard I look forward to the update on the new exhaust system such as what the note sounds like and if you think there's any improvement in power. Are you getting a 3" stainless steel system or just mild steel. I was told the OEM 2 3/4 pipe is stainless.
My exhaust is still perfect condition but the HUGE muffler has plenty of big dents in it.
Old 02-12-2011
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

it'll be mild steel
would be nice to have it done in stainless but unsure wether it would be needed for the note
but am sure it will be an improvment on the stock pipe with an extra 7mm diameter and mandrel bends
just can't wait to unleash the sound of the beast beneth
then powering it up with the crdstu tune lets just say it is xmas
Old 09-12-2011
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i finally did get around to fitting the 3" mandrel bent straight through exhaust
in no way does this exhaust need a hot dog or any other muffler apart from the required dpf
the difference between the two is night and day in regards to the way it pulls off from a stop start seams to need a little less throttle to keep the speed up as there seems to be a minisule amount of extra torque but i could be being biast it is still very very quite i can barely hear the note change in the cab and outside of it it is definately not offensive or loud at all but a nice note when you have the right foot working and a nice little note at idle

am awaiting the crdstu eco and hot tune in the mail
and have just replaced my front end with some decent struts and springs from dobinsons i'm hoping they'll bed in atleast another 15mm cause i am looking at going with the SL 4" lift aswell through stu so i don't want to replace anything in the rear just in case i look at doing this soon and rear end is still in pretty good nick for now the angle is a little worse in pic than real life too cause my driveway is on an angle
here's some pics

and a pick of the lift

Last edited by GO'ARD; 09-12-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: had to :)
Post New Thread  Reply