Air compressor choices - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2011
Super Moderator

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another vote here for blackmax ii... I can reconnect the jks, put back on my rear stock mudflats and then pump up all 4 tyres before others have pumped up their tyres (not doing anything else) not overt cheap but great and glad I spent a few extra bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2011
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

I have the bushranger max air in the pootrol, it's good, but not super fast.
Side by side comparison with the traditional (now mid range) ARB compressor showed it was slightly faster inflating 33's.

When I first got the FSJ I got a eBay Typhoon twin motor unit..... It was faster, but damn it drew some amps and got so hot I burnt my hand the first time I used it. I ended up selling it to a mate once I got an endless air unit mounted up. Best air compressor bar none.

With the TJ initially it had a boss compressor..... I think it had a gutful or water at some point, it was shagged and all but useless even on 33's. I now have the new ARB twin motor unit with the inbuilt fan, pressure switch etc. It is very fast, they claim you could use air tools with it ( rattle gun etc) and I wouldn't doubt it. I got it for trade price around $465 so yeah it's not cheap, but easily the best I,ve seen.

The only next step would be an endless air set up.
Old 12-12-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

i got a kci for free and it takes about 15 minutes to pump 1 tyre from about 5psi to 24 psi and wont inflate past it and then its that hot u cant pick it up (i only use this if i have a leaky bead or roll one etc... 9 times out of 10 i drive to the nearst servo.

avoid these

p.s my father has the typhoon also bloody nifty little thing
Old 12-12-2011
HydroKing

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
Now that Wolfe has show the pic Jeeps I too would like one of those. That is a nice looking unit. And I thought mine was big, mine has nothin on the Warn.... I imagine it has price tag to match..

Regards A
It's about $550 USD and apparently you need a specific air kit. I don't know if it uses standards air fittings or not.

It'll destroy any endless air/belt driven setup. The warn does 20 cfm!

Cheers
Old 12-12-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Now that Wolfe has show the pic Jeeps I too would like one of those. That is a nice looking unit. And I thought mine was big, mine has nothin on the Warn.... I imagine it has price tag to match..

Regards A
http://www.4wd1.com/warn-vtc-air-power.htm
Old 12-12-2011
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
I'd like to get a warn Vtc but the 120 amp draw is what I'm worried about. I guess it doesn't matter that much when it only takes 15 seconds to pump up each tyre

Cheers
15 seconds you sure about that, Jeeps??

Hooked up to one of our Jeep Wranglers, the VTC made very short work of getting a big 33-inch Goodyear MTR up from dead flat to 30 PSI. In a more likely scenario, the Warn was able to inflate the 33 from an aired-down 15 PSI to 30 PSI in just 50 seconds!

Ref. as per link in previous post.

I thought 15 seconds was a little ambitious.

Reagrds A
Old 12-12-2011
HydroKing

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
15 seconds you sure about that, Jeeps??

Hooked up to one of our Jeep Wranglers, the VTC made very short work of getting a big 33-inch Goodyear MTR up from dead flat to 30 PSI. In a more likely scenario, the Warn was able to inflate the 33 from an aired-down 15 PSI to 30 PSI in just 50 seconds!

Ref. as per link in previous post.

I thought 15 seconds was a little ambitious.

Reagrds A
I don't run such large tyres so 15 secs is prob about right

Cheers

Last edited by Jeeps; 12-12-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply