Link to XH Commander error code list? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts
Default Link to XH Commander error code list?

Has any one have a link to the XH Diesel Commander error codes. I only have the codes for the USA petrol V8's.
I have just scanned the engine and come up with 2 codes that don't show on the list I have.
They are:
P0593
P0581
Old 05-08-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I Hope this helps, I found the codes in the service manual I have.

P0581-SPEED CONTROL SWITCH 1
CIRCUIT HIGH .

P0593-SPEED CONTROL SWITCH 2
CIRCUIT HIGH .
Old 06-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

I have had no issues with the car so what do you think it means? Maybe my foots been pushing too hard on the accelerator pedal.
Old 06-08-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Multihull, I had a read of the service manual and with the codes you mentioned it seems to be related to yourSpeed Control Switch there are 2 of them and if I read it correctly they are in the steering wheel? It talks about your Resume/Accel switch for your cruise control so not sure if that means the switch is a bit sticky? Anyway after some more reading it said to complete the test as per below and from that, depending on result is if you need to go further. The manual is a bit confusing but if I read it right: but I am no expert, if the codes clear after the test it should all be good. Also from what I have read you have not replaced any other parts and the faults have just come up?

2. POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST 1
NOTE: 1. If this vehicle is equipped with an Electronic Throttle Control system, and the APP Sensors, PCM,
or Throttle Body Assembly have been replaced, use the scan tool to perform the ETC RELEARN function.
NOTE: 2. After completing the Powertrain Verification Test the Transmission Verification Test must be performed.
NOTE: 3. If the PCM has been replaced and the correct VIN and mileage have not been programmed, a DTC
will set in the ABS Module, Airbag Module and the SKIM/SKREEM.
NOTE: 4. If the vehicle is equipped with a Sentry Key Remote Entry, Secret Key data must be updated. Refer
to the Service Information for the PCM, SKIM/SKREEM and the Transponder (ignition key) for programming
information. Using the scan tool, program the Secret Key information into the PCM using the PCM replaced
function under the WCM menu.
5. Inspect the vehicle to make sure that all engine components are properly installed and connected.
6. Connect the scan tool to the data link connector and erase all codes.
7. Turn the speed control ON (if equipped, cruise light will be on).
8. Depress and release the SET Switch when the vehicle speed is greater than 35 MPH. The speed control should
engage and hold the selected speed.
9. Press and hold the RESUME/ACCEL Switch. The vehicle speed should increase by at least 2 MPH.
10. Press and hold the COAST switch. The vehicle speed should decrease.
11. Using caution, press and release the brake pedal. The speed control should disengage.
12. Bring the vehicle speed back up to 35 MPH.
13. Press the RESUME/ACCEL switch. The speed control should resume the previously set speed.
14. Hold down the SET switch. The vehicle should decelerate.
15. Make sure vehicle speed is greater than 35 mph and release the SET Switch. The vehicle should adjust and set
a new vehicle speed.
16. Press and release the CANCEL switch. The speed control should disengage.
17. Bring the vehicle speed back up above 35 mph and engage speed control.
18. Turn the Speed Control Off. (Cruise light will be off). The speed control should disengage.
NOTE: OVERSHOOT/UNDERSHOOT FOLLOWING SPEED CONTROL SET.
19. If the vehicle operator repeatedly presses and releases the SET button with their foot off of the accelerator
(referred to as 9lift foot set9), the vehicle may accelerate and exceed the desired set speed by up to 5 mph (8 km/h).
20. It may also decelerate to less than the desired set speed, before finally achieving the desired set speed.
21. The Speed Control System has an adaptive strategy that compensates for vehicle-to-vehicle variations in speed
control cable lengths.
22. When the speed control is set with the vehicles operators foot off of the accelerator pedal, the speed control
thinks there is excessive speed control cable slack and adapts accordingly.
9 - 1112 ENGINE ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSTICS XK
23. If the 9lift foot sets9 are continually used, a speed control overshoot/undershoot condition will develop.
24. To 9unlearn9 the overshoot/undershoot condition, the vehicle operator has to press and release the set button
while maintaining the desired set speed using the accelerator pedal (not decelerating or accelerating).
25. Then turn the cruise control switch to the OFF position (or press the CANCEL button if equipped) after waiting
10 seconds.
26. This procedure must be performed approximately 10-15 times to completely unlearn the overshoot/undershoot
condition.
Did the Speed Control pass the above test?
Yes >> Repair is complete.
No >> Check for any related Technical Service Bulletins and/or refer to the appropriate Diagnostic Procedure

I think you may be right about the "LEAD"foot......
I hope this helps, I am sure I will find out shortly.

Last edited by Maxfli113; 06-08-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Incorrect Info
Post New Thread  Reply