The bubbling is back - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The bubbling is back

The bubbling that occured and was repaired under warranty a few months after I bought it has returned.
Unfortunately I only noticed it when I got back from Europe and it's now a month out of warranty.
Rang my unhelpful dealer but they said chrysler was strict on their warranty and probably wont do anything.
It has never been crashed, all factory paint is original, except for the last bubble repair... this is bullsh...you get the idea.

Anyone else had bubbling fixed then re occuring?
I'm seriously thinking of selling it and getting something else, I love my Jeep but paint bubbling for no reason is unacceptable.
Old 09-10-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

I would expect a problem that was noted before warranty expired, whether it was fixed properly or not should still be covered, I would get a lawyer to write a letter !
Old 09-10-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if your warranty has expired it has expired regardless of what repairs were carried out and what time frame they were carried out during the warranty period. Legally you have to leg to stand on.

the repair of your paint again outside of the warranty period would come down to goodwill from your dealer. If this repair was possibly honored i am doubtful it will be worthwhile and just end up a headache.

if you plan on keeping your rig for a while better to get it done properly yourself than have them organise a half baked repair. if it is the hinges you might want to look at some bling stainless hinges? possibly the same cost to replace with a better product than the repair.
Old 09-10-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yeah I had mine done a about six months ago, 3/4 the paint has peeled and blistered worse than the last time. Admittedly they were painted over a particularly wet period. So waiting for it to dry out before I take it in to get redone. Fortunately unlike you Odelay mine is still in warranty for another few months.
Old 09-10-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

what mcjk said.

If you value your resale DO NOT let a dealer organise to fix the paint.

If you have rusting hinges, unbolt them and either strip them back and paint them up yourself in a contrasting colour with a textured finish (like the flares) or go for stainless/anodized hinges from the states. Or buy those chrome hinge covers and prep them up and paint them bodycolour or something.

Last edited by Yom; 09-10-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've heard enough talkback sessions on the ABC from Consumer Affairs to know that even though a warranty has ended, it has not really ended.
I'd follow up hard with the dealer as there should also be a separate warranty on he paint job. Check with your local RAA branch to see what can be done.
If you are a member, they also have legal beagles for help on enquiries like this
Old 09-10-2010
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My jeep is just in the dealer now (had it two weeks so far!) they are going to do a proper job the first time though, treating and painting behind the hinges aswell as a whole new set of "treated" hinges on all the doors and bonnet. Hell they were even contemplating whether to get all new doors. Over here we get a 7 year corrosion warranty and a 3 year 36,000 mile standard one I believe. Do you not have that over there?

Dom
Post New Thread  Reply