Report on Scenic today - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Queensland
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-02-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 100 Times in 57 Posts
Default Report on Scenic today

We had a great day out and it was very relaxing and fun. Jason from on here turned up in his XJ with his friend Ben.

Good turnout. No carnage, no damage. I would rate Janowen over Scenic for a weekend away and camping. Stuff all camping at Scenic. Janowen tracks are better.

I thank you all for your feedback.

Scenic is great for a day play as it is close. Janowen for a weekend away. Tracks more better at Janowen too.

Tracks were good condition and very hard core. Lifted,muddies and lockers. I would go there again for a play as it is hard and technical in a hell of a lot of places. And close to home.

I kept up with all the lifted Patrol boys with my 31's and lockers. No damage no winching or snatching.

Over all I thank you for your views on Scenic. It is not a real weekender for camping as there is bugger all flat ground and no facilities.

However if your into a bit of hardcore with few chicken tracks then this is the place to be.

Scenics maps you get from the office are not easy to understand also as the directions are not that all concise.

My view is after all the forum crap is that I would go back to Scenic for a play but I would prefer Janowen for a weekend away. After being to Janowen 3 times I would rate Scenic as more technical and hard core than Janowen.

And most of those tracks at Scenic are not easy. Mild, 4wd road tyres ok to go on? Nah forget it I would not have a chance in hell of geting anywhere on my old Maxxis 751's. Scenic boys have to re rate the maps and conditions.

We spoke about this over lunch and I would have been on strap for most of the day if I had these tyres on. Not for anyone that is not concerned about a few scratches or bangs or dents.

As I said I did not cop any damage. Wheel placement and taking the right line and track building and lockers.

Although my 3 kids with me did get a bit scared at times. Jason did get himself stuck though on a rotten gnarly rocky section. Got out of it ok though.

Over all I thank you for your views on Scenic. It is not a real weekender for camping as there is bugger all flat ground and no facilities.

However if your into hardcore with few chicken tracks then this is the place to be. No where to back up or turn around on many of the tracks.

Your committed to it.

Scenics maps you get from the office are not easy to understand also as the directions are not that all concise.

My view is after all the forum crap is that I would go back to Scenic for a play but I would prefer Janowen for a weekend away.

POST FROM THE PATROL FORUM.
Just got home. Wow what a friggen day that was.

Top effort from everyone.

2 plays of the day.

#1 Goes to Jerry for pure lunacy. Were you trying to kill us and your truck at the same lol - Champion effort doing Patrol track backwards. Fan-friggen-tastic effort.

#2 Goes to rastus for that stock twin locked jeep for keeping up with the big boys

Can't wait to drive with you guys when the ol GU gets better.

Thanks for an awesome day and more to come in the future

Uncle Rastus.
Jeeps don't get stuck. They just have a little rest and think then get going again.

Last edited by rastus2571; 18-02-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 18-02-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,590 Times in 4,361 Posts

Sounds like you had fun Rastus !!!!!!
Old 18-02-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Good work mate, glad you had a great day out. i am just about to post a trip in May to Janowen.

Is it beer o"clock yet!!!!

2005 TJ
2003 KJ CRD
Little 03 Honda Jazz
Old 18-02-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Pics and vids will be coming from one of the guys at the Patrol forum.

It certainly did happen boys. I must say I was blown away where this green double locked monster went today.

I just gave it to it and never held anything back.

It is better off road than my old Patrol as I have posted before.

What a weapon.

This is the first time I have ever had it in real hardcore off road driving.

I am still on cloud nine after today. The Patrol guys were blown away as I was.

Amazed as I was that a Jeep could be so capable.

Don't diss me again please though.

I had it coming up to a ledge (around about a metre) where I had to sort of make the old girl get the front wheels up and over it. We just idled up and kissed cheeks. Rock ledge was just the perfect wheeelbase height to get up and over it. Crawled the front up then when she was over booted it and the boys reckon the front came about a foot and a half of the ground when she launched and all 4 were turning and burning then the right front came back down on the rock after the ledge for a hard turn left up the bank and that's how the RHF control arm got gouged.

All good.

It was a walk in the park for the day with the A/C on and Lee Kernaghan on the CD.

Got the solenoid lockout on Low/low too so she does not jump into second half way down a hill.

She crawls down and up. I have to mild throttle going down a steep hill as it nearly stops if I take my foot off.

She still ran hot though after replacing everything. Bubbling coolant back out.

However we were in low range all day crawling and the temp got up to about 110. Never got near the red though as Jason said to pop the bonnet and leave it on the safety lock.

Did this and she dropped back to around 90.

I had the A/C on all the time.

I let her cool down after lunch and chucked about 1.5 litres in her and when I got home had to put another litre or so in it.

Jason showed me on his a little vent mod which I am going to do t/m.

We were in low range crawling most of the day.

Great fun and very hard core wheeling.

TOP FUN.

Uncle Rastus.
Jeeps don't get stuck. They just have a little rest and think then get going again.

Last edited by rastus2571; 18-02-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: more info
Old 20-02-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Before the moderators deleted my original post I had a listing for Jason that came with us in his white lifted Xj to Scenic on Saturday. I am sure he said he was kj or xj 68.

Been searching for him to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get in contact with him please.

Uncle Rastus.
Old 20-02-2012
Lowranger Shocker

The pics and vids died in the cam we had.
You can all read about the great weekend on patrol 4x4 .com

Uncle Rastus.
Old 21-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastus2571 View Post
Before the moderators deleted my original post I had a listing for Jason that came with us in his white lifted Xj to Scenic on Saturday. I am sure he said he was kj or xj 68.

Been searching for him to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get in contact with him please.
!!!!!!!!!jase68!!!!!!!
ten leter min
Post New Thread  Reply