MOPAR 2" lift springs - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-10-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default MOPAR 2" lift springs

Hey all,
interested to know how many of you are running the Mopar 2" lift springs and what you think of them?
Thinking of adding them to my 2010, 2 dr Auto petrol JK for improved approach/departure angles and to accommodate a planned steel front bar, possibly the Rugged Ridge.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Old 28-10-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................. I would strongly recommend against them

Waaaaay to stiff for the 2 door petrol, still not really great in the 2 door CRD, just about bearable in the 4 door CRD that they were designed for as a heavy duty spring.

That said, even though they are stiff as, they also sag pretty quickly.

I had a set in mine for about 6,000km and whilst they didnt sag in that time they had to be removed or the missus was gunna sell the JK. It made her (and me to be honest) sick to drive it.

After a few different setups I have now settled on the Suspension Stuff flexy coils in a 2.5in set and Bilstein 5100 shocks.

In addition to that, have the AEV front control arm drop brackets, longer front and rear sway bar links with disconnects on the fronts, Teraflex axle mounted rear track bar bracket, extension brackets for rear hard brake line mount, 1.5in front and 1in rear bump stop extensions and a Poly Performance front adjustable track bar.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 28-10-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

I have them on a a 4 door auto petrol with some heavy bar work,winch etc...
ALSO rANCHO 9000s
My rig drives like a boat on a heavy swell. My set up is stuffed, not sure if its the springs the shocks or both but i cant wait to change them out. They were good for the first 6 months then they sagged and went soft.
Old 29-10-2012

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Simply put, I would love the setup you describe SeaComms but I just can't justify or afford it. Damn, the joys of Jeep ownership and having to compromise on what you want and what you can afford!
I'm looking for some more ride height and improved on and off road performance but want to stick at 2" to avoid costly re jigging of other components. Not interested in body spacers but truly confused now. Would the Suspension Stuff flexi coils work with the stock shocks?
Old 29-10-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Exclamation 2 Inch Suspension Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Thanks for the replies. Simply put, I would love the setup you describe SeaComms but I just can't justify or afford it. Damn, the joys of Jeep ownership and having to compromise on what you want and what you can afford!
I'm looking for some more ride height and improved on and off road performance but want to stick at 2" to avoid costly re jigging of other components. Not interested in body spacers but truly confused now. Would the Suspension Stuff flexi coils work with the stock shocks?
Gidday mate, have a chat to Vic at SBRoffroad (located in Perth) or Bill Doubleblackoffroad (located in Melbourne) or Stu murchison products (located in Brisbane) all great to deal with & will provide you with all options to suit your financial budget & requirments
Old 29-10-2012

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies and advice, have emailed DBOR and SBROffroad...
Old 29-10-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 37 Times in 28 Posts

I have the Mopar springs on my CRD Unlimited, I also have front and rear bars, winch and Gobi roof rack, lots of extra weight.
I have found that with time as they sag they are getting harder and harder. The advantage with the Lovells springs is they are almost identical in length to the stock springs so no need to change shocks. Problem with this is you are swapping ride height for droop as you retain the same overall travel.
As others have said, there is better to be had so save up a little longer and do it right from the start.
Post New Thread  Reply