My 6 week review of my 1st Jeep - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-10-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default My 6 week review of my 1st Jeep

I purchased my first Jeep in Spetember of this year after being a Ford man all my life. However I have also had a liking for the Wranglers.

I did a fair bit of research on the Wrangler and in particualr lurking on here. Even with the issues I had read I still decided that I need to have a go at one.

I came out of a 2007 Territory Turbo into a 2011 unlimited factory program/demo with 8,000 k's on it. Silver in colour and with Renegade pack.

Its is used as a dialy driver and after 6 weeks of driving it I must say i do love it.

While it is no speed machine the performance of the 3.8 is better than I expected. Handles better than I expected and just love the look of it.

Have only had the fronts of the hardtop off so far but the soft top will be fitted in the next week or so.

As far as the mods go I have fitted mopar towbar and loom ( waiting on Jeep to fit Trannie cooler before i tow anything) and also have purchase a MYGIG from the states with u-connect and iphone adapter and lockpic all at a good price. Always been one to keep that side of thsing factory as possible.

Have no noticed any wobbles so far but will be going to DBOR to see hwat they reccomend as insurance down the track.

Not sure I'll do anything on the height front yet but might look at some different rims.

Have spent many hour on here reading posts and must say like my old fordforums these sites are a wealth of information.

Any way just thought Id ley you all know and thaks for the help so far and hears to many happy years in the Wrangler.

Cheers

Darren
Old 31-10-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

I've had my pentastar JKU since May
Soft top went on mid winter and is folded back regularly.
Hardtop is in the garage where it belongs
Pedal height adjustment on accelerator is beneficial.
Xenon upgrades to lighting is also good.
Seems to tow a 20 foot boat OK
Just wish it had the 3 litre diesel with the 8 speed auto
will upgrade when that comes around
Old 31-10-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Pedal height adjustment on accelerator is beneficial.
Xenon upgrades to lighting is also good.
What have you done to adjust pedal height?
Did you put in Xenon bulbs into stock headlamps?
Old 01-11-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

There are a couple of threads around, but basically, you undo 2 screws that hold it to the floor & mount a wedge under it to bring it more level with the other pedals.

1st mod I made after getting mine! ('08 JKU) I did a similar thing to my TJ, but that just took a spacer & couple of cable ties on the throttle cable.
Old 01-11-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
There are a couple of threads around, but basically, you undo 2 screws that hold it to the floor & mount a wedge under it to bring it more level with the other pedals.

1st mod I made after getting mine! ('08 JKU) I did a similar thing to my TJ, but that just took a spacer & couple of cable ties on the throttle cable.
Haha ok so I'm not the only one that thinks that pedal is way too low compared to the rest let alone any other car I've driven.

Any known reason for it?
Old 01-11-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

So that when you lift off the accelerator to hit the brakes in a hurry you get your boot stuck under the brake pedal....

Lifted mine too.

I also cant understand why the clutch pedal is an inch higher then the brake. Just poor design if you ask me.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 01-11-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Nope. I'd just say it's those crazy Yanks!

I couldn't find the thread I was thinking of, but I did find this recent one with a very nicely made bracket. Low throttle pedal JK diesel