just came back from melbourne 07 CRD - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Default just came back from melbourne 07 CRD

Hi all
Just came back from Melbourne to the Gold Coast had some issues with the cruise control dropping of at speed again and not being able to turn it back on again it has done this before
I spoke to the dealer he said no fault codes showing will have to wait till it stops working completely
I did get some other codes
P0673 cylinder 3 Glow plug circuit
P0676 cylinder 6 Glow plug circuit
P0700 input output speed sensors (gearbox)
P2280 Air flow restriction air leak between filter and maf

It has thrown the input output speed sensors before it just wont shift gears try's to take of in top gear I usually turn the ignition of wait a minute and restart goes fine then (must be a Microsoft product )

The Glow plug the same seen the number 6 one come up before but not number three starts first kick so am not worried about the glow plugs until it gets hard to start

The air leak between maf and air box has got me baffled on inspection it is not loose never been apart from the factory just wondering if anyone else has had that fault code come up

Also anyone replaced the input output sensors on a 07 V6 crd yet
I have new sensors and have looked at the box and cant find them also had a couple different mechanics look for them to replace couldn't find them either are they on the inside of the gearbox or outside
If any board members have had them replaced or done the job id love to know how to do it
If they are in Brisbane of Gold Coast would love to know which shop did them
Not real keen to take it to the dealer in southport the guy told me I could only have 2 keys programmed at the same time guys on the forum told me that was crap and after speaking to Jeep Australia found out I could have as many keys as s I wanted never going back after that
Old 05-12-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
the guy told me I could only have 2 keys programmed at the same time guys on the forum told me that was crap and after speaking to Jeep Australia found out I could have as many keys as s I wanted never going back after that
Actually I think the limit is 8 keys
Old 05-12-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,960 Times in 2,335 Posts

Speed sensors would throw out the Cruise and cause other codes. I don't know where it/they live though, wrong engine for me.

Glow plugs I would check all terminal connections.
Air leak check that the filter is actually in position and closed up properly, and again check the connections on the maf sensor and finally check the battery charge, you will be surprised how many mechanic/dealer recommended expensive fixes are caused by a battery not up to speed.

If you click on this link it will download a parts list for the 07 Grand, includes all engines. So should show where the bits go.
http://www.autoricambi-euroamerica.c...herokee_WK.pdf

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 05-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Glow plugs are an easy change, just a bit harder to find on the top of the manifold/heads.

P0700 is actually just the code for the TCM, most code readers wont read TCM codes past this one. Do you have the BAS ESP light on the dash?

Wheel speed sensors are also a fairly easy fix, and a common issue especially if you have been through muddy water. You can see the wiring plugs to the front ones clipped to the frame beside the strut. The rears clip to the frame just over the axle. Usually Grey in colour. Try pulling them apart and cleaning the connectors with some electrical contact cleaner. If that doesnt work a better scan tool will tell you which on isnt working, or the dealer. Can get the sensors cheap from RockAuto.

Ebay is cheapest from the UK for glow plugs.

Throw a new air filter in. Thats usually the cause of 2280.
Old 09-12-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts

Hi Doc,
Valpacer is right the description for the P0700 is below. On glow plugs I found Repco and Supercheap will sell a set of six for about $120.00.

I have had cruise control dropping out and staying unusable for a while. "service 4 wheel drive" esp, bas warnings came on. Then my jeep would recover and be fine for a while and same again.
Eventually it went into limb mode, and I had to replace, transfer case motor, TCM, new battery, take LEDs out of brake lights and put bulbs back in to jeep specs.
Plus changed every fluid and filter .
Do you have your own code reader, I have autoenginuity chrysler enhancements...$500.00 its got out every code I have needed so far, where others I tried like valspar said will just tell you the communication error and wont read the jeep specific stuff.

P0700-TRANSMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM (MIL REQUEST)
For the Engine circuit diagram (Refer to 9 - ENGINE - SCHEMATICS AND DIAGRAMS).
For a complete wiring diagram Refer to Section 8W.
² When Monitored:
Ignition on and battery voltage greater than 10 volts.
² Set Condition:
An active DTC is stored in the TCM. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.
Possible Causes
DTC PRESENT IN THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE
Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. (Refer to 9 - ENGINE -
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING).
Diagnostic Test
1. DTC PRESENT IN EATX CONTROLLER
This is an informational DTC letting you know that a DTC(s) is stored in the Transmission Control Module.
Erase this DTC from the PCM after all Transmission DTC(s) have been repaired.
Using a scan tool, read the Transmission Controller DTC and refer to the Transmission Category and perform the
appropriate symptom.
PCM Diagnostic Information complete.
Continue
Test Complete.

Last edited by hotqld; 09-12-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 20-12-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Default re fault codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotqld View Post
Hi Doc,
Valpacer is right the description for the P0700 is below. On glow plugs I found Repco and Supercheap will sell a set of six for about $120.00.

I have had cruise control dropping out and staying unusable for a while. "service 4 wheel drive" esp, bas warnings came on. Then my jeep would recover and be fine for a while and same again.
Eventually it went into limb mode, and I had to replace, transfer case motor, TCM, new battery, take LEDs out of brake lights and put bulbs back in to jeep specs.
Plus changed every fluid and filter .
Do you have your own code reader, I have autoenginuity chrysler enhancements...$500.00 its got out every code I have needed so far, where others I tried like valspar said will just tell you the communication error and wont read the jeep specific stuff.

P0700-TRANSMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM (MIL REQUEST)
For the Engine circuit diagram (Refer to 9 - ENGINE - SCHEMATICS AND DIAGRAMS).
For a complete wiring diagram Refer to Section 8W.
² When Monitored:
Ignition on and battery voltage greater than 10 volts.
² Set Condition:
An active DTC is stored in the TCM. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.
Possible Causes
DTC PRESENT IN THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE
Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. (Refer to 9 - ENGINE -
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING).
Diagnostic Test
1. DTC PRESENT IN EATX CONTROLLER
This is an informational DTC letting you know that a DTC(s) is stored in the Transmission Control Module.
Erase this DTC from the PCM after all Transmission DTC(s) have been repaired.
Using a scan tool, read the Transmission Controller DTC and refer to the Transmission Category and perform the
appropriate symptom.
PCM Diagnostic Information complete.
Continue
Test Complete.
I took the vehicle round to my gearbox guy as the fault codes on my scan tool where input speed sensor and output speed sensor which I thought was an easy fix turns out my model has a different valve body and to replace the sensors I need to replace the valve body as they are all in the valve body the guys quoted me 1200 using genuine parts or 900 using generic
Ill get that done early next year funny thing it does not show any lights on the dash no mil light or anything
I inspected the air cleaner cant see any problems and as for the glow pugs the thing starts first kick so until it gets hard to start I am not worried about the glow plugs at its next service I will get the mechanic to clean the wheel sensors and check them out see how it goes from there thanks for the reply,s guys love this car but am over the electronics seems to be a common fault on most new cars they must be using Microsoft windows or something as they have similar problems IE restarting all the time LOL
Post New Thread  Reply