Howdy from Oregon! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > OS Visitors
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-04-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Howdy from Oregon!

Hey fellas, great site and especially how thoughtful and thorough many of the posts are. Nice work & happy to be here. Hope I can add something and perhaps learn something too.

I do overland Flyfishing trips across the western US in my 2008 Jeep JKu and also on my dual sport Kawasaki KLR.

Ps... I've always wanted a cool little Honda Trail 90 or 110 "postie" bike. I see they are quite the little agriculture/ farm bike in Australia. Such cool little scoots.

Thx
Old 24-04-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Default G'day fellow fly fisher.

fly fisher here to in south australia, mostly saltwater species here.
I here you have some excellent trout water over on your side of the pond.
caught any big ones recently? cheers.
Old 24-04-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Welcome Mate!!! I'ts always good to have another man on board.
It's good we are seeing more of you Yankees (Or Dixon's) on here.
Always owned jeeps or is the JK your first?
Old 25-04-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thx!

I have owned domestic (US 4x4's) such as Dodge Ram & Chevy 4x4's. This is my first Jeep product. I had always wanted to buy a Jeep but given their smaller payload and usage I had to pass. Then, once they came out with the tj longer base LJ I became re-interested. Then, the introduction of the JKU came out & bam. I knew I had found my next rig.

The JKU is perfect for my style of camping & overland. I have had great success with it thus far. I have run the Naches Pass (which is very similar to the Rubicon but more dirt/mud & snow).

My JK is lifted 2.5" on 33" rubber. Fully armored/skids. I run an M8000 Warn winch & use ARB recovery gear. I have 3:73 gears and run the Trac-Lok. I was going to purchase the ARB air front & back. But, was told to wait on that as the D30 could be susceptible to breakage. Also, since I do very little rock crawling currently, I have decided to apply that $2k investment into other things.

Here's the JKU on the right:

and... the KLR somewhere in the Cascade Mountains...

And... we do have excellent trout, steelhead & salmon water here. Steelhead are the kings of the rivers (imho)

take care!
Old 25-07-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gday Oregon , good to see you on board! I was amazed at some of the scenery when I went to the U.S. a couple of years back, and really would love to get back there and do some wheeling. Love Fishing too I have dabbled in flyfishing but for the creeks and streams its mostly lure fishing for me! I pretty much have my jeep setup to camp where the fish are biting (fishing is the basis for most of my camping). And I know projoe from another forum (im reelin) and I think he would have his mouth watering at the prospect of some of those lakes and streams! Freshwater fishing is pretty limited here in south oz! but the saltwater fishing makes up for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projoe View Post
fly fisher here to in south australia, mostly saltwater species here.
I here you have some excellent trout water over on your side of the pond.
caught any big ones recently? cheers.
Old 25-07-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts

welcome to OZ Oregon.

love the pic

if you don't break shit, you haven't wheeled hard enough

not a fisherman myself (although all my mates are all "hooked" ) but definitely love my bikes on and offroad.
Old 10-08-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Howdy from Oregon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
Hey fellas, great site and especially how thoughtful and thorough many of the posts are. Nice work & happy to be here. Hope I can add something and perhaps learn something too.

I do overland Flyfishing trips across the western US in my 2008 Jeep JKu and also on my dual sport Kawasaki KLR.

Ps... I've always wanted a cool little Honda Trail 90 or 110 "postie" bike. I see they are quite the little agriculture/ farm bike in Australia. Such cool little scoots.

Thx
Hey mate what part of oz are you living. Coincidentally I moved to Western Australia a year ago from Portland Oregon. Got myself a 2007 Rubicon Unlimited. Now to live the dream of oz.

Welcome your gonna love it here. As far as fishing goes not a lot of luck with the fly fishing here due to the abundance of ocean fishing. If ya wanna hear of some good places in W.A. Hit me up.

Cheers mate! :beer:

Sent from space monkeys controlling our satellites!