35in tyre set up - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 35in tyre set up

Gday all
Looking for some advice from anyone who has installed 35's on their jk. after some info on,

What gear sets did you use?
min lift required or what you found worked best?
and any other issues you have encountered that i should probably know about?

Any help or advice from anyone would be much appreciated
Old 10-04-2014
Banned

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I'm running 35's 4.5 back spacing
4.8 gears auto
Started with 3" lift and Beestop flare extenders but had issues of rubbing
Now running 4.5" lift and dbor flat flares, front diff tube and gusseted, rear diff trussed, had no issues with diff strength, haven't been easy on it but don't flog it either
Old 10-04-2014
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Hey mate. I run 35's on procomp 98's with 4.5" BS flat fenders, hi steer kit. Run standard rubi gears so 4.11's which I think are perfectly fine on and off road, no strengthing to axles at all and had no problems in 7 years of wheeling. Run aftermarket tie rod, drag link
I use to run a 4" skyjacker kit which was rubbish and have since dropped it to a 3" synergy springs and poly shocks
Old 10-04-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheers for the quick reply guys.
Do you have any problems with it being driven on the highway at all or around town? The missus isn't to keen on the idea of lifting and 35 due to worrying about around town driving and i need to put her mind at ease..
Old 10-04-2014
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

I assume you are talking about the fun police? Mine isn't a daily driver but had no issues yet
They mainly look for that you have mud flaps on your vehicle, tyres don't stick out past your guards, your lights all work and not driving like a wanker and you will likely be ok

If because it's just big, well they drive like a truck and personally I love that aspect and doesn't bother me at all and it gets plenty of praise as people go out of their way to give thumbs up
Old 10-04-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if it feels like a truck that def won't be a problem for me. just has to be a decent set up to get me from south east QLD up to the cape and back with some level of comfort
Old 10-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

I run 35's with 4.5" BS rims, 4.88 gears and Trailmod flares with 4.5" lift. The out side wall of the MTZ 35's sit perfectly on the edge of the Trailmods. Had zero issue with blue boys and my JK has been looked at often.

I have had issues with front D30. These issues have related to sand driving. Sometimes momentum is needed to tackle dune obstacles with unfortunate consequences if you blink. Rocks n slow tough stuff all fine. Love my MT MTZ's but will likely go MT ATZP3's next time.

Last edited by SharpWraX; 12-04-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply