New Jeep Rubicon Price? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default New Jeep Rubicon Price?

Hello guys, first post here.

I have been reading the forum for a while now. I have always loved the look of jeeps and their performance offroad. Im really considering buying a new JK soon.

Im from Vic and spend a bit of time up the high country. Im looking at either the sport unlimited or rubicon unlimited, but all depends on price i can get them down to.

If i got the Rubicon, i would put a 3" lift and 34/35's on it. I like the fact it comes with diff locks, better gearing and sway bar disconnect.

The sport on the other hand i would stick to a 2.5/3" lift and 33's. I could get away with this for the tracks i do noworries, however if i did get the Rubicon i would be more inclined to try some harder tracks and push things a little further.

What im after is some advice on negotiating a better price from the dealers. I have never bought a new car before so this is all new. The car would be fleet leased through work.

What would be the better prices guys have got dealers down to on both the Sport & Rubicon. (2014 V6, Auto, Standard pant & hardtop)?

The quick price the local dealer (without pushing him) game me the other day was $45000 for the sport and $50000 for the Rubicon.

Regards
Pete

Last edited by Peteyen86; 09-06-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2014
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I paid $56k for a new Rubicon unlimited last year, I would doubt they are down at $40k driveaway.

If you are going through a lease, I would check with the lease company and see if they will support a lift and bigger tyres as some finance companies are a bit finicky with vehicles being road legal.. 3" and 35s would not be touched by a lot of insurance companies and finance companies alike as it breeches the precious 100mm limit that most states put on lift and tyres.

Pros for Rubicon are that you get beefier axle up the front (D44), thicker skid plates, lower gear ratios 4:1 vs 3.73, disconnects and diff locks from factory.. You probably wouldn't need to go as big as you are considering, as the diff locks and disconnects make a world of difference off road. I doubt I will need to go bigger than 33s and 2" lift to get just about everywhere I would take a new vehicle.. Everywhere that requires bigger than that I would take an older vehicle where I didn't mind getting serious panel damage.

The pentastar is a great engine, but I understand the diesel is great too, and a fair compromise for going without the Rubicon benefits (because you can always upgrade axles and put diff locks in.. Harder to do an engine swap)
Old 09-06-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Firstly no idea re rubi prices. Re sport pick which MY you want. Maybe able to get an older model cheaper. Also if you have the $$ ready to go, id push $31/32 for a sport manual. & if you're ready to go tell them that - it may help get your price

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 09-06-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Just on my last post & price - that would be + on roads. So $34/35k drive away is good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 09-06-2014
Senior Newbie

Whoops sorry, stuffed up the prices....wishfull thinking haha. it was 45000 for the sport and 50000 for the rubi
Old 09-06-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Prices are about right without options. Adding auto, nav unit will go up from there. Sports are available pretty much straight away, Rubicon will be at least 4-6 month wait depending on options. Also need to consider production in the US will soon be switching to MY15, so you may be in for a longer wait.
Old 09-06-2014
Senior Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRubicon View Post
I paid $56k for a new Rubicon unlimited last year, I would doubt they are down at $40k driveaway.

If you are going through a lease, I would check with the lease company and see if they will support a lift and bigger tyres as some finance companies are a bit finicky with vehicles being road legal.. 3" and 35s would not be touched by a lot of insurance companies and finance companies alike as it breeches the precious 100mm limit that most states put on lift and tyres.

Pros for Rubicon are that you get beefier axle up the front (D44), thicker skid plates, lower gear ratios 4:1 vs 3.73, disconnects and diff locks from factory.. You probably wouldn't need to go as big as you are considering, as the diff locks and disconnects make a world of difference off road. I doubt I will need to go bigger than 33s and 2" lift to get just about everywhere I would take a new vehicle.. Everywhere that requires bigger than that I would take an older vehicle where I didn't mind getting serious panel damage.

The pentastar is a great engine, but I understand the diesel is great too, and a fair compromise for going without the Rubicon benefits (because you can always upgrade axles and put diff locks in.. Harder to do an engine swap)
Thanks for that, some good points. I have to make an appointment with the lease mob and talk about lifts etc. But i know the answer and you will be right. 33's and 2" lift maybe the safer, easier way.

Are you saying you would prefer the diesel over the pentastar? The pentastar sounds like a pretty good motor by the sounds. I would be after the most reliable of the two myself? Hows the diesel been going with a few K's on the clock?

Also, does the diesel have the same gearing 3.73?

Last edited by Peteyen86; 09-06-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply