fuel relay Omron - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-03-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 573 Times in 294 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default fuel relay Omron

I see that Omron are no longer making the G8JN relay

There is some on Amazon but at $45, seems expensive for a relay that has a dubious reputation. Has anyone bought a different relay and if so what brand , price etc

Bob
Old 03-04-2019
Established Member

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default fuel relay

is this the fault code I am getting - 2014 Overland Petrol.... had it replaced once (recently) and now i am getting the fault again.... was a lot dear than $45... Jeep charged me $800 with jeep coming to the party supposedly and taking part of the payment.... or maybe my problem is something else... any thoughts?

Just Eough Essential Parts
Old 03-04-2019
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 848 Times in 475 Posts

I am pretty sure that FC were forced to warranty the exterior fuel relay for around five years .The trouble is this is a cheap fix as other original relays in the TIPM can play up as well.I will see if I can find the info. Remember this was a world wide safety recall forced on FC.
Found info,FC in states has to warranty the new exterior relay for 7 years or 70000 miles by law from original purchase date.What the heck did the dealer charge you $800.00 dollars for.?What does their receipt state.? Also there is a company in the states who has various fixes for this problem .Google www.verticalvisions.com

Last edited by bjm; 03-04-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2019
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebreakerbob View Post
I see that Omron are no longer making the G8JN relay

There is some on Amazon but at $45, seems expensive for a relay that has a dubious reputation. Has anyone bought a different relay and if so what brand , price etc

Bob
Hey, they're still in stock on this site.
https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 03-04-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 145 Times in 89 Posts

Mrs one was playing up for ages.
Finally shit itself leaving her stranded.
I had a suspicion, so got her to call NRMA.
He got there as I got home.
I picked up a 50c Chinese relay I had for my ARB Compressor.
He had left by the time I got there.
He thought it weird that she didnt want it towed.
Took the Omron one out.
Put in the cheapy.
She started up first kick.
Went to Jaycar , and an Auto elec to see if I could get a relay with the seal around it .
No luck.
Bit the bullet and ordered a Omron one on ebay.
Ran fine for a week and a half on the cheep cheep one.
Will hit Jeep up for warranty next time.
Cheepy is in glove box ready for next time.
Old 04-04-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 573 Times in 294 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmeup View Post
Hey, they're still in stock on this site.
https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
That one does not seem to have the waterproof body, I have seen a Hella brand that looks the same, just got to track one down in the flesh to make sure. Then off course how good was the dodgy fix, I mean where they cut into the wiring loom.
The advantage of the Omron one is it plugs straight in

GW what codes are you getting as it generally doesn’t throw codes

Bob
Old 05-04-2019
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 848 Times in 475 Posts

The fuel pump relay is probably one of the hardest working in the TIPM. The bypass one in mine is a cheap non sealed unit,just waiting to get a gut load of dust ,water etc.
Post New Thread  Reply