Fan, shroud and aux fan wanted. 95 XJ - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts
Default Fan, shroud and aux fan wanted. 95 XJ

Hi,
I know a lot of you guys keep a few spare XJ's in the back garden. I was wondering if you could help me out.
I am swapping out my triple electric fans and doing the ZJ fan upgrade. I have the new ZJ fan clutch, which is supposed to work much better.
I need the steel fan, shroud, and aux electric fan to suit a 95 XJ.

It needs to be boxed and sent to Perth. Will pay for parts and shipping.
Can anyone help out..

Cheers.

Will be finishing off my Jeep project in the next few months ready for a mega hot Perth summer. Also sourcing new Nitto Trail Grappler tyres as my Bighorns are too noisy.
Old 07-08-2019
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

I am swapping out my triple electric fans ? I thought that setup was the "Ducks Nutz" ?
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 08-08-2019
AJOR Gold

It cools pretty good most of the time. But I've been driving in the dunes into and away from the wind. She stayed cool driving into the wind, but got hot driving with the wind at my back. This tells me I am not drawing enough air in (cfm). The zj upgrade pulls major air in all the time. I want to experiment with the set up. The final months of my xj project are fine tuning steering, suspension, tyres, cooling etc.
Old 08-08-2019
Rock Munki

Liked 351 Times in 223 Posts

Some people have fitted the big single ford ba fans.
Go Jeep has write ups on a couple of e fan upgrades.
All electric fans are not created equal. Spal fans will pull a lot more than no name Chinese stuff. Does your current triple fan set up use a shroud?
Only reason I say that is the best power mod, bang for buck, I have done was getting rid of the stock mechanic fan.
Good luck with it.
'95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan
Old 09-08-2019
AJOR Gold

It's the triple threat system by dirt bound off-road.
It has shrouds. Two fans come on in the first stage.
Then the third comes on.

The Hayden zj fan clutch upgrade is supposed to really work.
The clutch spins the fan at a much higher speed.
This just pulls masses of air in.

Worth the experiment I think. It's had great write ups.
Just looking for some cheap parts, as I threw all my old stuff out..
Old 12-08-2019
AJOR Gold

Well, I finally managed to find the parts.
Guy on the forum was wrecking a 96 and offered to send a shroud.
But, I found all the parts locally from a 96 being wrecked up the road. Just have to get them when I fly home from work. Time is my enemy at the moment. Been working insane hours.
So, the XJ will hopefully be trialling the ZJ clutch fan mod soon. The upgrade will be on my vsb14 rebuild thread.
At the moment the triple fans are triggered in two stages by a thermostat switch on the coolant hoses. I will keep the thermostat operational, as I also have my transmission cooler fan wired to come on with the first two radiator fans.

Cheers,