Need some help fixing up my KJ Limited 3.7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2019
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Need some help fixing up my KJ Limited 3.7

Hey all,

I have a 2005 KJ Limited 3.7L Petrol. I enjoy driving it, even though it uses a lot of fuel. As it is a little on the older side, I need some parts for it, and was hoping you could all help me out, I'm in Melbourne.

1) Sunroof seal - the corner is missing a chunk so it whistles at high speeds, I can only seem to find the OEM one which is insanely priced.

2) Rear liftgate switch - my alarm kept going off until I disconnected the wire to the rear liftgate switch. Again, I can only seem to find OEM parts at insane prices.

3) Infinity speakers - I had to rip the two in the front out as they were blown. I have the amp portion still for each speaker, I just ripped out the paper cones. I managed to find some on ebay once. I should have bought them back then, as they're now gone.

4) Cargo blind in grey colour, but any would do I suppose!

5) Gas struts for rear lift gate and bonnet -- both are so tired they can't hold the weight of the load any more.

Thanks for your help guys!

Alexei
Old 03-11-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 27 Times in 26 Posts

If you don't want to pay ridiculously over inflated prices go to Rockauto.com and get the gear shipped over from the states

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog View Post
If you don't want to pay ridiculously over inflated prices go to Rockauto.com and get the gear shipped over from the states

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
+1 with rockauto, use them often. postage is pretty good. Prices are great.

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8shn View Post
Hey all,

I have a 2005 KJ Limited 3.7L Petrol. I enjoy driving it, even though it uses a lot of fuel. As it is a little on the older side, I need some parts for it, and was hoping you could all help me out, I'm in Melbourne.

1) Sunroof seal - the corner is missing a chunk so it whistles at high speeds, I can only seem to find the OEM one which is insanely priced.

2) Rear liftgate switch - my alarm kept going off until I disconnected the wire to the rear liftgate switch. Again, I can only seem to find OEM parts at insane prices.

3) Infinity speakers - I had to rip the two in the front out as they were blown. I have the amp portion still for each speaker, I just ripped out the paper cones. I managed to find some on ebay once. I should have bought them back then, as they're now gone.

4) Cargo blind in grey colour, but any would do I suppose!

5) Gas struts for rear lift gate and bonnet -- both are so tired they can't hold the weight of the load any more.

Thanks for your help guys!

Alexei
1/The cheapest & simplest way to fix your sunroof seal is to patch it up with silicone.
If you put srink wrap (glad wrap) on the surfaces you dont want the sicone to stck to, you can fill in the missing bit.

2/ the adjustment of the switch is probably the issue. The window is probably down enough to work the switch some of the time & when the jeep flexes a little the switch moves enough to set it off.

3/ Probably easier just to purchase new complete speakers.

4/Good luck finding one. They appear to get lost.

5/ The gas struts are on ebay. Often about $30 a pair. sometimes they come on special for as little as $15 pair. Bad gas struts may be contributing to your switch problem.

If you want to reduce fuel consumption, best stay off the accelerator.
Old 06-11-2019
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Duno you location but if you are Perth SOR then try this bloke for 2nd hand parts. Not sure if he ships/posts stuff tho.
I've used him before for those small hard to find bits and he's been fair with his pricing and helpful with advice also.