Bosch HP Fuel Pump recall - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2022
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,347 Times in 776 Posts
Default Bosch HP Fuel Pump recall

Soooo....my news feed...yep, they sure do monitor what interests we have...fed me the FCA Recall for the HP Fuel pump of the Bosch type...went to my favorite MOPAR feed your VIN in and all recalls and status will be revealed, and there Gina was...still have the V62 (2nd Fuel Pump Relay reposition) recall to be done...and parts are available...but...the new HP Fuel Pump recall dated June of this year says...parts not available..not new News...its been discussed on here previously...but....I had a good friend that just went about replacing the timing belt/chain(gear anyway) on his IVECO based self biult Motorhome (mans a wizard...we have spent MANY long enjoyable hours in sheds across OZ biulding/rebiulding/fabricating/modifying/improving/upgrading anything from a pre 60's 150cc MV Augusta vintage classic, his 900cc SS Ducati Vintage Race Bike (is the State Title Holder over many consecutive years), biult an early 60's F100 Nut n Bolt resto from ground up and the trailer for those bikes to be transported in, to Gliders my race engines and drivetrains...lots n lots of very fond memories !!!)...as always, Im off track....but....he said he also had to replace the HP Fuel Pump....no prizes for guessing which breed of pump was replaced....the identical Bosch HP Fuel Pump....soooo....firstly, there IS Stock available and secondly, he said the cost was extravagant...for HIM to say it was exxy...its probs outta my league by a loooong way...moral is....will have to wait for FCA to announce that the parts that ARE available ARE available (hmmmm) and will have to entrust my pride n joy that I am a li'l meticulous (mechanically wise) to a workshop with very little interest in 'quality of workmanship'....bugger !!!

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 01-11-2022 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-11-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,358 Posts

NHTSA: 22V406 or Stellantis Z46.

Mines there, agree a bit exxy just over $2200 at Diesel Care or one of those places for a new CP4 pump for these but then who's to say its actually fixed.....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 01-11-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,167 Times in 618 Posts

I reckon we'd all be blessed with our pride & joy's VIN number quoted on the Mopar recall site wouldn't we? My previous (RIP) 2014 Jeep was and again this 2015 I now have.
This one too hasn't had the W58 recall done yet, I'll probably get it done for with my luck it'll be one of the few that fail!

Note that the recall reads that "some" of the 2014 - 2020 manufactures "could" fail prematurely...

I wonder though how many have actually failed? FCA might be taking a punt that the failures won't occur before the engine craps itself anyway, and therefore may never have the parts available for a full on recall due to the massive costs involved. I'm sure Bosch won't be putting their hand in their pocket to help either...

I'll just keep sticking Fuel Doctor in at every refuel, maybe it will help it maybe it won't, who knows...
Old 01-11-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 705 Times in 394 Posts

My understanding is that the recall applies to all WK2 diesels (among others), but that failure rates are very, very low. The issue being that if it does fail, it's likely catastrophic.

Parts available to general public is one thing, but Stellantis securing enough and consistent supply is another - especially when Stellantis will understandably not want to foot the bill for what is a Bosch problem.

Personally I don't mind waiting, as I'm not too keen on anything more intensive than a software update from a dealer. At least now if things go kaboom, it's a recognised issue and compensation should be much easier to achieve.

Old 01-11-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,996 Times in 2,358 Posts

and in the meantime nobody is going anywhere near my fuel system, I change my filters, I prime my system so if it does go to shit I will know its not from a dry prime run........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 01-11-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
and in the meantime nobody is going anywhere near my fuel system, I change my filters, I prime my system so if it does go to shit I will know its not from a dry prime run........
Well said, some have no bloody mechanical sympathy at all
Old 01-11-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Bugger me, another recall these asshats will send me a letter about, but when I ring the number it will ring out, leave a message, then nothing